1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is everybody here rich?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by agoude, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Jun 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    Also a male prostitute ^ that is how he gets his SUA and his fancy shocks.

JK :p

2. Jun 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    I thought that was already publicly known? :confused:

3. Jun 19, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    Nope I just spilled the beans ....sorry

[​IMG]

4. Jun 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    Taco 12

Taco 12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 TRD-Off Road
    I'm going to disagree with this. The whole reason for auto insurance is to cover you in case something happens to your car. As long as you have complete coverage, the insurance company will give you a check to buy a new car. I totaled my first car and I learned the process.

I do agree with part of your second point. Savings is vital to cover unexpected expenses and if you cant afford them, then you can use a CC to cover the rest. It is always a good idea to have an available high limit CC for emergencies. Missing a few payments on your auto loan does not kill your credit. It will drop it but its no the end of the world. (I am a credit analyst and I know a few things about this.)

I can't stress enough how important it is to live within your means but you should have debt. How else would you build or repair credit? Responsible debt is a good thing and will take a 730 credit score to 800.

I'm sure many of the people on here have auto interest rates of around 3% and the market is returning around 8% (if you invest wisely) so why would you not allow some debt to gain profits on the 5% gap? Leverage is a tried and true method to have greater returns on your investments as long as you do it wisely. Yes, I know it is not this black and white but that is the basic idea.

To answer OP's question- I'm not rich but I do alright. I work hard and try to put a large portion of every check away into investments and savings. I'm still young and dumb and enjoy going out and spending money at bars while trying to convince every attractive girl to sleep with me. I should have my truck paid off within the next 6 months and then I will start on the mods. [​IMG]

5. Jun 20, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    Ninjayota

Ninjayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 regular cab base 4x4
    Mb 352 wheels, 265/75/16 duratracs
    I manage my money wisely.

6. Jun 20, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    OldGeezer42

OldGeezer42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Silver Base
    Husky mats,30% tint all around, DTRL,OEM Bed mat,UWS Tool box,OEM fog lights,5100's,Wheelers 3leaf HD springs.OEM cruise control,OEM wipers,,Avid light bar,Flyzeye Leds,4x4 illuminated switch.Matt123 skids,bed lights,Ome 884s
    I work 2 jobs ,1 full time and 1 part time, wife works 3 days a week (she makes awesome money) we don't finance any toys , we want something save until we pay it off,most of time we change our minds ,I look for used items, might have wait awhile but someone who has spent too much and needs the money will always be a good deal. The only thing new on my truck is my Flyeze leds, tires ,and lift, everything else is used including the truck

7. Jun 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I agree
    I disagree
    Pay your bills. And on time.

8. Jun 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    Nope, I bought every last thing for my truck- including the truck itself! Did the full motor rebuild without my pops laying a hand on it- with my best friend, of course. Insurance is in my name, title, everything! :) I work for everything I have. No freebies from Mom and Pops. Too poor for that.
    I worked construction when I first bought my truck, threw a newspaper route at night, and did scrap metal in my spare time. Since I lost my job, I'm still doing scrap and the newspaper, but I'm mowing lawns and doing odd jobs for my main income. Doing good with it, too- making more money than I did when I worked as a construction laborer.
    I haven't asked for money from my parents since I was a kid- not that they ever gave me any. If anything, I pay stuff for my parents these days- when the water heater busted, I threw up the $800 dollars and installed it. They can't pay a bill? I pay it. If anything, I'm paying for my dad to keep his evil Silver Slug (that's what I call his van, a 97 Caravan) on the road, because it keeps breaking down. I buy the parts, and I paid his last ticket.
    So nope, it's not Mommy and Daddy's money, and I'm not rich. But I done it.

Products Discussed in

To Top