1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

S-Pod's

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sky, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jun 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    Sky

Sky [OP] Taco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Redlands/Yucaipa
    Vehicle:
    05 V6 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    First of I painted my truck Satin flat black,.... well faded satin flat black lol, it has 5100s up front and J66's as well as billy 5150s in the rear, 285/ 75/16 Falcon wild peak A/T, Axis regulators painted satin black, with a tan rings! brush bar with 30 in led light bar , Custom rear Bumper, Straight Pipe. Led Hi/Low, and led fog lights, Flat Black Interior!
  2. Jun 26, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    blake5995

blake5995 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Truckee, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 4x4 2.7L
    looks pricey...

3. Jun 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    HighTQCummins

HighTQCummins Instagram: stormtrooptaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    '12 SW DCSB Sport
    5% all around, derp'd wheels, FMS40, 30" E-Series, 55w 6k bi's, 35w 5k fogs
    I have one, its worth literally every penny, even though there are always naysayers that say you can do it for less. I would buy one again if I had to

4. Jun 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    JAndrews has one.

5. Jun 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    i have one too. ive modified the harness to do what i need but that was easy and makes wiring up 6 things very easy especially when it comes to relays. i helped jandrews a little on his so he could get his hooked up correctly. they have updated thier kit since i got mine. i would buy again if i got a new truck or even for another vehicle if i needed it.

6. Oct 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Thread revival. Amy of you guys see the new bluetooth adapter? Lets you run virtual switches on your i-device. Wondering if i get two Spods i can have one set of switches entirely virtual.

7. Oct 21, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    HighTQCummins

HighTQCummins Instagram: stormtrooptaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    '12 SW DCSB Sport
    5% all around, derp'd wheels, FMS40, 30" E-Series, 55w 6k bi's, 35w 5k fogs
    you need 2 set of switches to run two 2 spods. they are manual over ride for the bluetooth module, you cannot run it purely on bluetooth

8. Jan 31, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    I don't think the spod is pricey. Anything that would make the install nice and clean is good to me. Here's my question, has anybody installed one on the TRD OR? Spod doesn't include a panel with the Tacoma kit, but I don't have a bunch of blanks - only the two for the seat heaters. I'm just curious to see what other people have done.

9. Jan 31, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    The Woodsman

The Woodsman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Batesville, IN
    Vehicle:
    08 FJ Cruiser
    A bunch of mods :)
    If you only consider the cost of the wiring, relays, switches, wire loom, connectors etc that it takes to do a decent job, the sPod may not seem like a great deal. If, however, you value your time at all and also want a very professional looking install then the sPod is pretty reasonable . . . and even more so if you buy it on a group buy like I did.

10. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    Tuctaco

Tuctaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD OR 4x4
    Katzkins, Redline hood struts, Pop & Lock,285/75/16 Toyo Open County ATll, 16X8 Konig Countersteer, Icon extended coilovers, Icon rear shocks, Icon progressive leaf pack, LR UCA's, extended brake lines,
  11. Feb 16, 2014 at 3:38 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

You need to buy (1) remote control ($175) per sPOD and it only works on the new sPOD's. You could put the switches in a location that wouldn't be seen and control them by bluetooth but ultimately you still need the switches.

Ill have (1) sPOD with no remote and (1) with the remote that will be installed come spring. Just waiting for the weather to break so I can rip out my interior and start wiring.

For people like me who are anal and do not enjoy wiring, the cost of the sPOD is dirt cheap and I know of no one controlling their accessories from their phones with homemade kits.

I am keeping all vital devices on the non-bluetooth sPOD and only putting non-vital accessories on the remote. No way I want my compressor or lockers controlled by bluetooth. I do enough butt dialing as it is. :D

12. Feb 17, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Thanks for the reply skip, I actually sell them now, so i know hahaha. Stoked for you to put yours in! You're gonna love it!

13. Feb 17, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

Cool. What would be the benefit from purchasing through you apposed to going to them direct? The first one I bought they shipped for free so that saved me $22.

I just pulled the trigger on the second sPOD w/remote last week and had to pay shipping. The first one Ive had for months.

14. Feb 18, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    No shipping from me either and you get to deal with someone you know, even if its just a bit. ;)

15. Feb 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Gotcha....

I was talking to Cindy yesterday about some custom stuff I want them to do to the next harness they ship me. So far I have nothing but praise to offer them. When the guy I was talking to couldn't answer my question he didn't BS me like other companies. He simply said "I do not know, but let me transfer you to our owner and she can help you." I like that.

16. Feb 18, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    Sky

Sky [OP] Taco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Redlands/Yucaipa
    Vehicle:
    05 V6 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    First of I painted my truck Satin flat black,.... well faded satin flat black lol, it has 5100s up front and J66's as well as billy 5150s in the rear, 285/ 75/16 Falcon wild peak A/T, Axis regulators painted satin black, with a tan rings! brush bar with 30 in led light bar , Custom rear Bumper, Straight Pipe. Led Hi/Low, and led fog lights, Flat Black Interior!
    Now that's good survise

17. Feb 20, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Cindy is great, I have absolutely nothing but praise for them as well, I love companies that try and innovate, and more than that, I love companies that try and innovate with products aimed at MY vehicle. Those are the ones I end up carrying.

18. Feb 24, 2014 at 2:01 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Had a good long conversation with Cindy and one of her employees Friday night.

I urge anyone thinking of purchasing a sPOD call them up and talk to them. Once you talk to them I'd be amazed if you didn't get off the phone a customer.

They also have custom mounting options for switches and other items for sale then just the ones is listed on their website.

We have been going back and forth for a few days concerning what I want to have them do for me and they have been great to work with. Now the wait for them to make all the harnesses up and ship my baby out to me.

19. Mar 21, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Just got my second one received earlier this week. Had them provide me with custom switches, a custom harness, and they were nice enough to wire everything for me long enough so all I have to do is plug it in, throw on my switch covers, and mount the bracket in my sun glass holder.

[​IMG]

The only wire that I need to tap into the factory system is an accessory wire so the switches light up when my key is in the ignition.

There was no way I wanted 12 switches in my truck that only lit up when they were on. Now Ill have red for when the switch is "on" and amber for at night when the switch is "off".

Props to sPOD, but the real review will be later in spring when I install it all.

20. Mar 21, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Show me the custom switch panel!

Products Discussed in

To Top