1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Access Cab SR5 4WD - BlueWave

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by bluewave, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Jul 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    bluewave

bluewave [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Tacoma
    Hey everyone, new here, just got my 2nd Tacoma, a 2013 SR5 4WD Access Cab in Super White... Right off the dealer floor before taking her home I had a 3' Lift using Dirt Logics Front and Rear, 3" Block in the rear, Micky Thompson 265/70/17's and ProComp 8101 Black and steel 17x 9 rims.

I'll post pics as I add stuff, Coming soon is new HU and sound systems, 2 amps etc. etc. (gotta have quality sound) looking at Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS, Rockford Fosgate T400-4 with 2 T2652- Or JL C5-650's ---Too many choices. Down the road, a K&N, Magnaflow and Snugtop...

Taco1.jpg
    DirtLogics2.jpg
    DirtLogicsRear.jpg
    WheelHgt.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. Jul 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    bluewave

bluewave [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Tacoma
    Super excited about getting my new stereo installed... being a musician, I have become a "tone snob" - good sound is a must...

SO here's the lineup:

HU; Pioneer AVH-X4500BT $323- Could have went with the 5500 for $65 more but only diff was Sirius and HD radio, neither of which we have in Hawaii

Speakers: I spent way too much time trying to figure this one out. Once again the dilemma of car audio shops trying to sell you what they carry, and marking it up a gazillion dollars. This time I asked if they would install MY components...that saved me about 1k... I don't know what numskull at Toyota came up with "Hey everyone Let's put rear speakers in the headliner??? Brilliant idea...How f*ckin cheesy..and the factory speakers are sh*t anyway. So I took ItalynStylion's advice about only doing the fronts, and putting the cash saved into fronts.

I went with Rockford Fosgate T5652-S Power T5 6.5 $514 These bad boys are the best 6.5's Rockford makes....and... they list for $1600.. ouch...Obviously they were so high priced no one in the entire history of the world ever bought a pair, I couldn't find a single review ....Of course I would never pay that much for speakers, but they were marked down 70% on Amazon. I'm a risk taker so I went with it...I mean how bad could they be?

Power Amps: Rockford Fosgate Power T400-2 400 $229 - It's a two channel amp 120w @ 4ohms or this should be plenty for two speakers...I have a 10" RF Punch Sub in an trapezoid enclosure, so I got a Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-2 Stereo - $129 just for the sub...

Total: $1195

Will post pics after install

Forgot to mention, I'll be getting some soundproofing materials from Second Skin http://store.secondskinaudio.com/ and doing my interior

3. Feb 12, 2015 at 5:35 PM
    thomasgacia01

thomasgacia01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 V6
    Nice truck! I just bought the same rims and I was wondering if you needed a hub centric spacer. I have the 8101 wheels with the 108mm hub. I have heard that our hubs are only 106 mm. If you didn't install them, do you have any vibrations?

I am installing a 2.5 inch lift and running 285/75/16

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top