1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New MGM 09

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by xerri, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Jun 26, 2009 at 7:50 PM
    xerri

xerri [OP] Member

Member:
    MS
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Hey everyone,
    I just bought a regular cab 4x2 Magnetic Grey Metallic 5-lugger and need some advice. From my searches, I've seen that most people tend to run a 4.5" backspace and that the 5-lug stock suspension can run up to a 30" tire w/o rubbing.

I'm looking at a set of these for my truck (17x8.5, 5" BS, 6mm offset): http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/X...=210&t_pt=100073&t_pl=9849&t_pn=PXA8188-78565

[​IMG]

and a set of 245/65-R17 Firestone Destination A/T's for a 29.5" x 9.8" profile tire.

What are the chances that this setup will work? I wasn't sure if the higher backspace is going to cause any clearance issues with the suspension. I'm also hoping that I won't have any caliper clearance issues with these rims.
    I want to avoid having to return them because of restocking and shipping fees.

Here's a picture of my truck from the showroom. I have a Grillcraft black mesh upper on the way and I've tinted the windows since this picture. Also planning on a black Hunter bull bar, debadging, and possibly doing the black headlight mod.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top