1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cooking big on a little grill like the Webber Q

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by rbishopp, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Jul 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    rbishopp

rbishopp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    I have a big three burner grill I used to cook huge meals on. Since divorce and living in tiny condo with GF I've had to change to a small single burner Q Webber.
    Now trying to expand the menu again. There is not enough inside height for a beer can chicken but last night I roasted a 6 pound chicken for dinner.

Anyone else doing big meals on their tiny grills ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. Jul 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    rbishopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    [​IMG]

Did some ribs the other night. Probably would go easier with a rib rack but the trivet and foil on the cooking grates worked out fine. They were tasty.

3. Jul 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    Mmmmmmmmm

4. Jul 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Sub'd

I have this very BBQ , only done burgers and some steaks so far though

5. Jul 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    sub'd too awesome and delicious!

6. Jul 31, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    rbishopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pork chops and desert. The corn could have gone a little longer.

7. Jul 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    The first time I grilled corn in the husk was 3 weeks back, and it could have gone longer also. But it was cooked just enough, and I kinda liked it that way.

8. Jul 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    BassMaster06

BassMaster06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab V6 4x4
    Mods: sand, dog hair, roof rust
    I have this grill. Its awesome.

9. Jul 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    rbishopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    It is an awesome grill. I can't have anything bigger right now so I'm going to push this thing to the max.

I've grilled corn many times and had better results but the meat was cooling down and we were hungry so I rushed. The pineapple was perfect.

10. Jul 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I think I have the smallest version of this grill , the Weber 100

11. Jul 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    rbishopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    I think ours is the 120 but can't remember. I think some features are the difference in models and thought they were all about the same size. Never did a side by side in the store.
    Su called me at work and said she wanted to pull the trigger on a grill and that her mother wanted her to buy the coleman. I told her if she bought the coleman she might as well move back in with her mother.

I have a big Webber in storage. Now I'm looking for a new house for my grill.

12. Jul 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    :rofl:

13. Jul 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mine doesn't have the temp gauge you have on yours or the little wing shelves

14. Jul 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    rbishopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    The little wing shelves don't support much weight but the temp gauge is nice to have.

15. Aug 5, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    rbishopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    Personal pizzas on the grill last night. This is a family favorite since it's much more fun doing this outside vs. inside in the oven.

20130804_181642.jpg
    20130804_182108.jpg
    20130804_175619.jpg

16. Aug 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    HighTQCummins

HighTQCummins Instagram: stormtrooptaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    '12 SW DCSB Sport
    5% all around, derp'd wheels, FMS40, 30" E-Series, 55w 6k bi's, 35w 5k fogs
    laugh it up, but i've done ellios (those cheap square box ones) on my Q cause it was the only thing that was in the house, and I had been drinking, so I couldn't go anywhere. Also, I didn't feel like firing up the big weber so this worked out perfect. they turned out pretty damn good too, or maybe that was my buddy weiser talking.

I have never really done anything too crazy on it though, steaks (small ones) burgers, dogs, grilled some bbq chicken breast. never corn though

17. Aug 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    kevine

kevine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Valencia, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Pre-Runner
    tinted windows
    mini UDS out of a weber smokey joe. use an IMUSA 32 qt tamale pot

image.jpg

18. Aug 29, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    rbishopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    Very nice. That might even fit our place. Tiniest condo I've ever seen.

Products Discussed in

To Top