1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory Jack&Tools (PreRunner) Dbl Cab

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Prometheus, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Jul 18, 2013 at 4:32 AM
    Prometheus

Prometheus [OP] New Member

Member:
    South
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Hey guys, hoping someone can assist with my question. I just purchased a 2003 PreRunner Double Cab and I noticed there were no tools or jack behind the seat. I'm assuming that's where they are located.
    Anyone got a picture of how everything looks behind the seat? Searched car-part.com and found a jack with tools in a nearby salvage yard, but I'm not sure all tools are the same across the board for 1st Gen Tacoma's? Was there anything special about the jack & tools for Double Cab PreRunners? Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

2. Jul 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    tacoma04

tacoma04 Laissez les bons temps rouler

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Northern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB BBP
    When I got my 2004 DC there was no jack or tools also. I bought the tools off ebay. You get the jack and four pieces that make the tool. It all sits behind the passenger's rear seat.

Also, my spare tire had a lock on it and, of course, there was no lock tool in the truck. The dealers have a master lock set for the factory spare tire locks or you can pry it off with the spare tire on, but it is a real PITA.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jul 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    adriancast

adriancast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Ontario, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    -2.5 Donahoe Coilovers -All Pro Standard Leaf Pack -All Pro U Bolt Flip Kit -Front/RearWheeler Super Bumps -Extended rear Bilstein 5100s -Flowmaster 40 Series -All Pro IFS Skid -All Pro Transmission Skid -Bruteforce Hybrid Bumper -30" Double Row LED bar -400 Watt Anytime -TRD Seat Covers -ABS Kill Switch -Locking Center Console Mod -Rear Differential Breather -BHLM -Anytime Fog Light Mod -Toyota Hilux Snorkel
    I didn't have tools either. I also didn't spend the $100+ to get the tools. Came up with this idea. Never had to use but I did take spare off to make sure and then I cleaned it.

[​IMG]

4. Jul 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    mars

mars Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2001 PreRunner
    Flowmaster Super 50 Delta Flow, K&N 57-9016-1 FIPK Cold Air Intake
    Sorry if this seems trivial, but could you tell me what parts those are? Specifically the bolt size

5. Jul 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM
    grovestreet

grovestreet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Can you take the spare wheel off without the factory tool? The thing is making a lot of vibrating noise that I have to take it off and it's sitting in the bed now.

6. Jul 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    wrat

wrat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Xcab 4x4 TRD
    The tools were also missing when I bought my 2004 Tacoma. The tools that adriancast shows will not lower the spare tire (well, at least on a 2004). I searched for the tools online but people wanted way too much money (the salvage yards around here already had the tools removed as well, where are they all going???).

Anyhow, what I ended up doing was going to the local Toyota dealer. A parts guy somehow had the kit from an earlier model Tacoma. The end of the bar that lowers the spare tire had to be pounded flat to fit into the crank assembly to lower the spare, but then it would no longer fit into the bottle jack. For that I made a piece of pipe to fit as an adapter.

Products Discussed in

To Top