1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Load of compost / mulch

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by seligman, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Jul 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    seligman

seligman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Has anybody moved a load of compost or mulch in their Tacoma Prerunner before? They sell it by the cubic yard which shouldn't be a problem, space wise. At least I don't think it would be.

Did this once before in my 96 Tacoma standard cab with near disastrous results because the compost had been watered down. I didn't anticipate the extra water weight and the rear bumper was about a foot off the ground. How the leaf springs survived that incident is a miracle.

Anyway, the Prerunner I would be using has NOT had the leaf springs upgraded. Thanks for your input...

2. Jul 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    For random heavy loads like that, a set of Timbrens is a nice way to go. They will help prevent over sag, and will also stabilize the load.

3. Jul 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    Krysstoffurr

Krysstoffurr Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB 4x4 OR
    I put 17 bags of wet mulch/ potting soil/ fertilizer, I have no idea how much it weighed but my 2013 4x4 OR had no trouble with it

4. Jul 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    kn61408

kn61408 Retired old fart

Member:
    western washington
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DCLB sport pyrite mica
    12v always on power point mod, tailgate anti-theft, Addl bed tiedowns, flyzeye dash lights, map lites with dome lite mod, bed stiffeners, air bags, brake controller, always on fog lights,
    My 09 Prerunner DCLB Sport handles a full yard of bark/compost with no problem. As you say, if its soaked may be more of an issue. Just watch as they load and stop when you think its enough. Most places around here are ok with charging for a partial load.

Products Discussed in

To Top