1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any runners in here??

Discussion in 'Health' started by A.D., Jun 23, 2009.

1. Jun 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM
    A.D.

A.D. [OP] Desert Riding Ninja

Member:
    SoC♠l 4 life but stationed in Utah
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Hey everyone, I am thinking about registering for the San Fran Half Marathon, and was wondering if anyone here is going to be entering themselves? I am not a really fast runner or anything like that, actually I have been running for just a couple of months now and somehow my daily 5ks have turned out to be around 10-13 miles, so I decided I might want to try a 1/2 marathon. I have run it a couple of times this last week at my house, and think that i should be able to make it, but i was wondering if anyone was entering, and is going to be running in the 2hr class, if they wanted some company? I will be flying up from LA and staying in San Fran for the 3 day event, then turning around and coming right home. So hit me up, or if there are any runners in here, please shout out, running has turned out to be a big deal for me, and I would love to meet other runners as well.

2. Jun 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
  3. Jun 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Thanks, wow, i seriously doubt i will come close to a time like that my first time out. But i have found myself feeling really at ease during my longer runs. I just hope that i do alright, actually i just really hope i don't mess up and break any rules, LOL.

4. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM
    XR-Ace

XR-Ace //TRD

Member:
    O.C. California
    Vehicle:
    08 SWB X-Runner aka "BLUE BEAST"
    Evo Mod// Eagle Eye Halo Projectors// Magnaflow Exhaust// Yellow Foggies// Trd Badge
    im X-running all over the streets. does that count?? :laugh:

5. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:09 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    I used to love to run (5:30 Mile) then I joined the AirForce and how PT is run just killed all the fun in it

6. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:17 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Yes, my PT runs do kill the fun in it. Here we have tons of mandatory wing, ABW, & MX group, runs, and they are so slow and unorganized, i just hate it. But i find that if i run a nice long run b4 them, that i do not hate them that bad.

7. Jun 24, 2009 at 3:17 AM
    Phantom_X-SP

Phantom_X-SP Rude Boy |><|

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Black Sand Pearl X-SP
    <-------- Loves to run :D

I'm running about 6 days a week right now. I'm mainly practicing for 5k's but plan to do the Half Marathon in October and a Full Marathon in December. I've ran the half before, but never the full.

Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the country else I would join you. Keep us posted on how you do, and share any experiences you may have :thumbsup:

8. Jun 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    SoC&#9824;l 4 life but stationed in Utah
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Well, the old lady put the ixnay on the San Fran 1/2 Marathon for me, said it was alot of money for just 24hrs, she said that i should try running a couple of the ones around here first and see if i do ok before i start flying around to do em. So i agreed with her, and am going to be hitting up whatever local 1/2 marathon i can get into.

On another note, i ran a 14 miler this morning out in the desert sun, it was a new run with lots of hills, and it went pretty well, until i got home and took off my sock, which was all bloody, turned out that i cracked a toenail in half somehow while running, oh well, but it gets better, i hurry over to the sink and rinse it out with hydrogen peroxide and through some neosporin on it with a bandage, i sit down and take off my other sock finally, and I see a toe just bent all crooked, dislocated or broke it, dunno, but i popped it back in place and now its just swollen. Kinda weird that i didn't even notice them until i got home, and they both didn't even hurt until awhile after my run. I really can't recall any real hard spots or anything during my run, but i guess it just happens sometimes, LOL.

Here are some pics, But don't look if at all squeamish:

[​IMG]_[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jun 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,

Ouch, that looks brutal. I usually have problems with toenails on some toes digging in to the sides of my other toes whenever I do long runs. And I never notice it until after I get back home and take my bloody sock off :p. I don't think i've ever had a toenail split on me before though, lol. Let us know how that half marathon goes!:)

10. Jun 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    SoC&#9824;l 4 life but stationed in Utah
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Good deal man, will do. Looks like there are a couple coming up soon, and i am in the middle of trying to convince my Squadron to let me go and run in the AF Marathon, well at least the 1/2'r. The toe thing is just weird, but got them both taped up pretty good for my run tomorrow morning, so hopefully they don't hurt to bad, LOL.

Products Discussed in

To Top