1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 BMW 535xi

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by TheHansen, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Jul 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    TheHansen

TheHansen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    So, i have been toying with the idea of getting a new vehicle. I love my truck and don't have any desire to get rid of it, but it might be time for something different. I went and test drove an 07 BMW 535xi with 84k miles today. The car looked brand new and drove beautifully. I searched it inside and out to find something broken, stained, leaking, or missing and i couldn't find anything. The dealer was asking $19,995. In trading in my truck, they offered me the BMW + $1000 in trade for my truck. This offer is honestly pretty tempting.

My truck for reference. 05 trd sport quad cab 90k miles
    [​IMG]

What do you all think about this deal?

Anyone have any experience with these cars? My truck has been trouble free, so if i were to do this i wouldn't want to be taking too big of a step down in reliability.

2. Jul 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    bubba353z

bubba353z Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Former owner of a 12 TRD Sport AC 4x4
    I'd run a Carfax on it before you go any further.

BMW's are expensive to maintain and insure, but they are good cars. A 5 series would be my first choice for a Beemer, but an E class Merc would trump it for me.

3. Jul 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    I am of the opinion that any BMW built in the last ten years that's past the powertrain warranty should not be touched with a ten-foot pole. Same with Audis.

4. Jul 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    bubba353z

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, Oh
    Vehicle:
    It's two years newer than his Tacoma.

5. Jul 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    TheHansen

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    This is exactly what i was reading when i was looking at audi's. I just started looking at BMW. Definitely something I have been looking into. I didn't find all that much evidence to support this claim with the audi's though.

6. Jul 29, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    bubba353z

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, Oh
    Vehicle:
    VW (ie Audi) has had a spotty record with electronics lately. I'd keep away too.

7. Jul 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    TheHansen

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    Carfax was clean. But carfax only see's what was reported. While I understand professional jobs will make it look like nothing happened, nothing looked as if it had been replaced on this car. The salesman was looking at me funny while i was crawling around the car looking underneath.

8. Jul 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    bubba353z

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, Oh
    Vehicle:
    True, but it's better than nothing....

I think I'd stick with the Taco, unless you're just really wanting rid of it. Better the devil you know, than the one you don't.

9. Jul 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    LOL

10. Jul 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Only luxury brand I'd trust to buy used with that much milage is Lexus.

11. Jul 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    TheHansen

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport

This is ultimately what my mentality is. I have very limited experience with BMW.

Ultimately i love my truck and know it pretty much inside and out by now. I am definitely not trying to get rid of it. I went to drive the car kind of for fun, and was surprised by the offer. I would have only given this serious thought if others had good things to say about the car.

I'm going to stick with my taco.

12. Jul 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    WOODEX M.E.

WOODEX M.E. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD OR Pyrite Mica
    TRD Supercharger, Speedhut TRD Boost Gauge, Speedhut TRD AFR Gauge, PLX Wideband Controller W/Bosch O2 Sensor, Cravenspeed Boost Pod, AFE Pro Dri II Si Intake, Calvert Racing Caltrac Traction Bars. URD Catback Exhaust, URD 2.825" Super Grip Pulley, URD Spec-U Equal Length Headers, URD 255lph Fuel Pump, OEM FPR Mod.
    I would be on the fence about it. But probably for different reasons. I am on my 2nd Tacoma and I have had a BMW and I def. plan on owning another one some day, probably after I'm done with this Tacoma. I loved that BMW and you would love that one too. Just depends on what you are looking for in life right now. But honestly its worth the extra coin in maintenance.

Products Discussed in

To Top