1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whats It Worth?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Sledhauler, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Aug 2, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    Sledhauler

Sledhauler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    MD
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Sport 4X4
    So looking for some advise, here I have my ol' project and the issue. I have a lot of blood sweet tears and money invested in the truck. Only a few things were actually done at a shop, windshield, rear seal, and carrier bearing to be exact and that was done only for inspection. The rest has been done by me and my retired mechanic father. It still needs little odds n ends but I have no time and haven't had time for awhile now. On top of that I have invested in a new one, so now there is no $ for this project.

I started selling it at 4g and am now down to 2500 with someone offering 2g. I'd like to hear some of your opinions without being to hard on my ol' nissan of whats it worth.

good..runs drives, no cel, no major leaks or mechanical issues, new clutch and a lot more
    bad..rust, frame repairable bed is not, front suspension and tires, a/c not working

I'm thinking 2g I'm making a mistake and should keep it as a back up for the tacoma, you know so it doesn't get dirty :D

DSC08066chop.jpg

2. Aug 2, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    That's a tough one. When i first glanced over the post, it was a no brain-er to keep it if you were only gonna get $2k out of it.
    After reading the bad, it almost seems as though it will just stay a money pit if you continue to run it.

Ive concluded that you sell it, bank the $2k or spend it on upgrades on your Tacoma. it sounds like you keep your trucks for a long time, if that's the case, you should have no problem with the toyota in all aspects.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. Aug 2, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    Sledhauler

Sledhauler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    MD
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Sport 4X4
    If I keep it, I wouldn't invest in it as much, just be the rough truck, but still would cost ins, tags, etc. I'd say roughly 800 and it would be ready for the winter.

Products Discussed in

To Top