1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 next few days project.. need help!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Konvict KROG, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Aug 10, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG [OP] Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    I am working a 24 hr straight shift today 9am sat-9am sun. and have some things to do tommorrow but tommorrow even i should be free. As well as monday all day.

things i would like to do, and seing as i am actually a member on a forum now not just a reader whatever i do i will take pictures of and slap on here for you all to scrutinize later. or help someone else out, whatever happens :D

I just got my truck back from the body shop after my accident, you may have already seen the wrecked part, and now its time to start putting other things back and adding more!

I had a 30 rigid light bar mounted that was crushed in the accident so i got the replacement mounted i just have to run the new wiring (new one came with sealed wiring and relay, before i had reused the light bar and ran my own relay and wiring which the body shop was kind enough to misplace :rolleyes:

TO DO:
    wire new relay and take some pics of how i mounted the bar and switch etc for you all

locker anytime mod

abs kill mod

400w anytime mod

figure out new bed lights (i had those 21 inch sticky led strips x4 under the accessories rail but they did not last long)

redo plasti dip... UGH

show you guys my custom radar deter/laser difuser setup in case anyone else out there has one left over from thier tuner car days like i did

I just got my truck some new shoes in the mail yesterday and had them mounted at 930 last night at walmart (yes they closed) so thats awesome

possibly tear the interior out and start with the sound killing stuff but thats not likely to happen. most of my stereo goodies are packed up and the few pieces i need are not in my budget at the moment.

HERE IS WHATS GOT ME...

locker anytime mod, im not sure if its because im new or special but i only found 2 places and niether panned out yet, one the link seemed broken, and the other was posted by piercedtiger
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/4838-cheap-free-mods.html

but i cant get the pictures to come out of thumbnail....

is there somewhere that has another writeup on it or any tips?
    and will it work on the 2013? my guess is im the test rabbit on this one.. ok :)

the abs kill mod from what i could find shares a wire with the locker anytime mod, but the write up i found two one didnt show what wire just mentioned under the seat and the other said it was easier and under the dash and im sure would have been great! BUT non of the pics worked... just red X i tried right clicking on them but no luck..

the plasti dip im all over and ill show you guys when i do it.

the sound system install i will be all over and ill show lots of stuff but its probably going to be awhile before i start.

the bed lights i saved and if i can find them in my mess of a garage/base for my home remodeling project/place to hide everything from the rain and nieghbors/ parts storage..... then im going to re/sticky them as they worked great and my 2013 lacks the side pockets the older tacos had.

2. Aug 10, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    pics to colaborate untill i get home to do the work and take some more

the blue led rocker switches are
    left-rigid light
    left center-bed lights(was)
    right center-toyota usb
    right-a-trac button

these were in different locations stock and i hoped they would pop out and go one place over since the blanks and switches are all the same size... they DO not. Toyota designed them with pegs and slots so each only go where toyota wants.. Solution=razor knife :) CAREfully trim the locating tabs and you can rearange as you like!

If you want to install rocker switches like i did into the blanks, i pulled the blanks out and drilled a small hole in the center. i then used a reamer bit from a mill in my drill and carefully made it just big enough to fit the new switch in then glued it together with model glue.. if you are going to do this be very careful its easy to break the blank as your removing so much material and if you do things by hand like i do it would be very easy to hurt yourself pretty good on the bit (i didnt wear gloves, i can explain why if you like) i will take one out and take pics when i change the wiring.

also on the 2013 the switches and blanks in front of the shifter are different size that the ones on the drivers side. i dont know about other years being that way (my 2008 had none, and i never messed with the 2012's)

20130320_193513.jpg
    20130317_164710.jpg
    20130317_164947.jpg
    20130317_164845.jpg

3. Aug 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    well i ended up re dipping the front of my truck, and rewiring the rigid, but not much else. it was hot, still lots of things to do!

Products Discussed in

To Top