1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spruce Mica Talk

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by JustinOK, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Aug 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    JustinOK

JustinOK [OP] Member

Member:
    Edmond, OK
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Sport / Spruce Mica
    Hey all. For the past 5-6 months I’ve been obsessing over finding and purchasing a new 2013 Spruce Mica DC 4x4. As I’m sure you all know, finding one is about as rare as a unicorn sighting. Anyway, I’ve been in the market to replace my 2011 AC 4-cyl 4x2 since I’ll be pulling a small boat soon. My family of 5 and I were also caught out in one of the deadly Oklahoma tornadoes this past May, and the fact we didn't have 4x4 might have been a life/death decision. As a background we did what the news guys told us and tried to flee since we didn't have a shelter. After the 4th (or so) and final twister that touched down that night, all highways were in gridlock traffic. Then the floods came. Our only option was a pitiful off-road attempt in a 4x2 and I swore from that point I’d never buy another 2WD truck again. BTW, this was my 1st 4x2 in a long line of 4x4s that came before it.

Anyway, every time I looked online for my Spruce Mica dream truck, the few in the nation were nowhere near me in OK. I almost bit the bullet and bought a used 2011 Tundra last weekend, but it ended up getting sold when I was on my way out to the dealership. So two nights ago I’m doing my usual online obsessing, when I do a nation-wide search for Spruce Micas only. Low and behold, 5 miles away my local Toyota dealership just got in a 2013 Spruce Mica DC V6 TRD Sport. It was 10:00PM and I jumped in my 4x2 and drove out to the lot to see if it was for real. It was so new, autotrader didn't have pics uploaded yet. I get there, the dealership is obviously closed, I park, start to walk toward the back and then I hear over the lot intercom "We are closed, you need to leave now". On a mission, I get around the corner and catch the front passenger side panel of a lizard green beauty shimmering under a street lamp. I get asked to leave again (via intercom) which at that time do walk back and shortly after leave. Yes, it was a bit psychotic but those dang trucks are almost mythical.

Long story short (not really) I go the next night after work and pretty much let these jokers rake me over the coals cause I can't keep the drool outta my mouth when looking at the freakin thing in daylight. They don't drop a nickel and pushed hard to screw me on my trade. When it was said and done I pretty much gave asking price and they did come within $500 on what I wanted for my trade. I've owned this beast less than 24Hrs and I can definitely say it's the best car buying decision I’ve made in my 35 years on planet Earth. I want to name the darn thing. My son liked "Green Goblin", but it almost resembles a Godzilla scaly green. Not sure of a name right now, but one's a coming.

I didn't originally want the TRD Sport cause it wasn't a necessity, but when there's 1 to choose from I wasn't being picky. Having only for a few hours, I can say I love the upgraded seats in the sport, and I really like the looks of the color matched grill surround. The overall ride is much nicer than my 2011 PreRunner.

Did anyone else have a similarly hard time finding one or currently in the process of finding one? Anyone know why Toyota didn't make as many in this color choice? The sales guy said he never sees them in Tacos, but the Tundra’s never stay more than 3 days on his lot. If this is a color choice you think you must have, hold out and wait. I could have settled for any color under the rainbow, but Spruce Mica is truly in a class of its own. Well at least that's my opinion. :)

Green Machine.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. Sep 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM
    rnls06

rnls06 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR 2WD
    I have a 2013 Tacoma TRD Off Road DC 4x4 with sport rims in spruce green . I bought it used with 4500 miles but the color is what made me trade in my 2012 taco. Its an amazing color and mesmorizes you in the sun. I will try to post some pics later since I am at work. Its fully loaded with JBL and entune. Definitely worth holding onto because I don't see many around.

3. Apr 1, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    KJ2014

KJ2014 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    2014 tacoma TRD off-road Spruce Mica
    I had to order my 2014 DCSB TRD O.R. in spruce mica. I got it fully loaded with JBL system and Nav. VIP alarm. Beadlock style wheels. Tow package... I couldnt find one in all of Utah, Idaho, or Nevada. I have waited 7 weeks so far. It "should" get here soon. It was built in Baja on 3-13. This has been an incredible lesson in patience. I'm like a kid before Christmas. I hope it will be worth the wait!:D

4. Apr 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    KJ2014

KJ2014 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    2014 tacoma TRD off-road Spruce Mica
    It came today! Spruce mica is a killer color! WOW! Pics to come.

Products Discussed in

To Top