1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Q's about wiring speakers for 2013 taco

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Agro, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Aug 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    Agro

Agro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost!
    I installed a Pioneer AppRadio3, steering wheel controls, microbypass, etc. RCA's and the remote (amp on) wire are wired down under the center console, not next to each other. They then go under the carpet and under the plastic black cubby that is under the rear seats, then back to behind the seat.

I plan on installing my JL Stealthbox behind the rear passenger seat. The amp will bolt directly up to the front of the stealth box. RCA's plug in right there and remote wire.

What I don't know 100% yet (i dont have much experience here) is power, ground and then the speaker wires.

I figure power will run from the battery through the firewall grommet-hole, down past the drivers kickpanel, then under the gray pop-up floor board things, down past the rear seat, then wrap back and under to the amp. Does this sound OK? Of course it'll be the right gauge and have the fuse or breaker in the engine bay 2 feet or less from the start.

I don't know where the ground wire should connect to. There has to be some spots back there that everyone knows are great ground?

But most importantly I am wondering about the speaker wire. I can run the speaker wire with the power wire I read. It's just RCA's that it is important not to do that (not a problem already ran, clean and clear). Can I simply run the speakers from the back up, sort of a "U" fashion? right rear on and right front just go up the floor boards and terminate? Same for left rear and left front up, terminate? No need for me to go up the right for FL, FR, RL, RR and wrap the left's behind the dash and come back along the left? seems overkill.

Just looking for your thoughts since you have experience here. I hope this wont take too long, I have the speakers amp stealthbox, coming in tomorrow. got the adapters already.

Thx

2. Aug 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    Your plan for the power wire sounds good. But get that fuse as close to the battery as possible. That fuse is there to protect the power wire so the further the fuse is from the battery, the more wire you have unprotected.

The easiest places I think a ground wire can be connected to is where the middle seat belt is bolted down or to where the seat is bolted to the floor. Wherever you put it, make sure there is no paint between the ground cable and the truck. So you might have to scrape away some paint to ensure a good connection. I like using connectors like this for grounding:
    [​IMG]

If you have a four channel amp for your speakers, then you should have one wire for each of the four speakers. So, it would be like this: wire one for amp to FL, wire two for amp to FR, wire three for amp to RL, and wire four for amp to RR. Make sense? The route those wires take is entirely up to you. However, routing each wire directly from the amp to its intended speaker is likely going to be the easiest.

Products Discussed in

To Top