1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nathan's 02 Tacoma Build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by 02 TRD Tacoma, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Aug 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    02 TRD Tacoma

02 TRD Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Bilstein 5100 front and rear, dakar leaf pack, fuel hostage wheels, 285/70/17 Trail Grapplers M/T, color match shell, rola rack, hi -lift, dual cb antenna's with 520 XL cb, sandblasted bumpers an brush guard to paint black, color match grill, blacked out badges, and much more.
    Current picture as of 12/14/14
    [​IMG]
    Current Pic as of 10/14/13:
    [​IMG]

Current Pic as of 10/10/13:
    [​IMG]

Current Pic as of 9/11/13
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I bought it back in June 2011 Stock Pic:
    [​IMG]

As it sits now as of 8/7/2013:
    [​IMG]

Sandblasted Brush guard and front/rear bumpers:
    [​IMG]
    Hella 500 Fog lights/ Custom "TRD" tag:
    [​IMG]
    Color Matched camper with Thule Roof Rack bars:
    Rola roof basket with 48" hi-lift, shovel, and spare:
    [​IMG]
    LED Tails and Gaurd:
    [​IMG]
    Blacked out Badges all around:
    [​IMG]
    Bilstein 5100's all around with Ebaich Coils: (look how close the UCA's were to the tires before Wheel spacers)
    [​IMG]

Dakar Leaf pack with stock Shackles:
    [​IMG]
    gonna order greaseable shackles now!!

Brand new NAPA CV axles angles:
    [​IMG]

Reese Brake Controller mounted under seat:
    [​IMG]

Browning Seat covers and steering wheel cover:
    [​IMG]

Unidien PRO XL 520 CB in ashtray mod:
    [​IMG]

Rigged up a mount for my Backup camera screen:
    [​IMG]

Recovery Shackles mounted on both sides:
    [​IMG]

285/75/16 Nitto Trail Grapplers on Moto metal 951's
    [​IMG]

Stickers:
    [​IMG]

1.25" Spydar Track Wheel Spacers:
    [​IMG]

Front Spacers (took front mud flaps off):
    [​IMG]
    Random pic of wheel spacers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Random Pic's:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8K HID's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pic's at farm:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Recently I took off the lights on the plastic at windshield and now only running 1 cb antenna instead of 2. let me know what ya'll think.

Rear Spacers:
    [​IMG]

TG Sliders getting ready to be bedlined:
    [​IMG]

Sliders bedlined:
    [​IMG]

Got some racks put on the cab of the truck:
    [​IMG]

Got a set of Toytec adjustable shackles today and Installed:
    [​IMG]

The install:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here some pics with the toytec adjustable shackles installed Wednesday:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got my front back to normal you can say. before when i had the lift its almost been a year i had them set at the top setting on the shock. this is why my CV axles and UCAs was at that steep of angles. so i took it to a local tire shop and the guy helped me put them back down to the stock setting and what a difference!!! Also just got it aligned yesterday at a local alignment shop. the truck drives so much better now. I'll try to get some pics up tmrw now the shackles are installed.
    Heres the pics as of 8/15/13:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!
    Bought this ARB bumper off a guy who had same model tacoma that works at the local autozone. I went in to get the extinguisher for the truck and he ask where i was going to mount it and told him a Tacoma. to get to the point he was selling it so i told him i'll take er.
    [​IMG]

Also Put a fire extinguisher in the cab of the truck. Its mounted on the driver side panel between the front and rear doors:
    [​IMG]

Got my bumper put on Friday of this week and got around to snag a few pics of it mounted up and everything. I am thinking though i am going to paint it again for it being a used bumper and all. but the guy that had it before me looks like he took decent care of it. could not pass up the UNREAL DEAL i got it for. Would u guys repaint it or not? what size winch and the best one? thinkin about gettin one but dont know yet. I'll get a pic with the entire truck later on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got to to some flexing with the truck. thought yall might want to see how it done:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Think this is one of the best pics!!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. Aug 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    Boone

Boone Vaginas are rad.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    Airbags deployed
    thought yall might want to see how it done:

How it's done? You need a forklift or RTI ramp to see how it's done. Not a 6" pile of rock or two concrete steps.:cool:

3. Aug 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    LSC15

LSC15 Southern Retrofits

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD D-Cab
    2008 Double Cab - Current 2002 4runner - Sold 2001 Double Cab - Sold 1995 Xtra Cab - Sold
    Pretty sweet truck man. I saw you while I was home for the summer

4. Sep 10, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Bilstein 5100 front and rear, dakar leaf pack, fuel hostage wheels, 285/70/17 Trail Grapplers M/T, color match shell, rola rack, hi -lift, dual cb antenna's with 520 XL cb, sandblasted bumpers an brush guard to paint black, color match grill, blacked out badges, and much more.
    Some updates I been meaning to get posted. Got my sliders welded on the other day by a local fab guy that I know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did some testing with the hi-lift. Mine is only the 48" and done really good IMO.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also decided to test out the ARB bumper too!! Done great was impressed at what the hi-lift can do.

[​IMG]

Sanded down the bumper to repaint it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ordered me an Ultragauge Monday, hope it will be here soon so I can install it. Liked it a lot better than the scangauge IMO. I sanded down the skid plate and painted it red. Now I am anxious to see how it is going to look on the truck. I'll get some more pics up of the skid and it installed too. Going to order me some retros for bday soon and cant wait to order them and install. everyone else's I saw are AWESOME. So cant wait to get retros. Woot Woot!!!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  5. Sep 10, 2013 at 7:32 PM
    YotaOverAll

YotaOverAll Backyard Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5
    3" Toytec spacers, Bilstein 5100s in the back with add a leaf and overloads removed.
    Good lookin' truck! CAn't wait to see more

6. Sep 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks man I appreciate it.

7. Sep 11, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Got my skid plate painted yesterday. Cant wait to see what it looks like on the truck
    [​IMG]

8. Sep 11, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Got my skid plate installed today!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to make some homemade brackets out of a piece of aluminum that was laying around to blot the skid and then to the frame:

[​IMG]

Bolted the front with some bolts from the hardware store right to the bumper. Their was 3 holes all ready their and just lined everything up and bolted to it.

[​IMG]

Crappy cell pic but it will do. If u look hard enough u can see a gap between the skid I painted red and the other part of the skid in black. bolt holes would not line up when it was attached to the other part of the skid. Everything though worked good and looks good IMO.

[​IMG]

9. Sep 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Got this 6,000lb BadLand Winch yesterday. I was really thinking about going with a Warn winch but them things are up their in price. So I went down to Harbor Freight and found this winch which was on clearance and thought it was a good deal IMO. I went to wire it up to make sure everything worked on it and it did!!!! Now I just got to get the winch mounted. I'll get some moree pics after the install.
    [​IMG]

Here's what all came in it:

[​IMG]

Here's some pics of the undercoating on the truck:

Undercoating:
    [​IMG]
    Berfore:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crappy cell pic:
    [​IMG]

After Pics:
    you can see how much darker and cleaner it looks.
    [​IMG]

Wanted to get more pics of after I got done but was getting darker.

Pic of my shrouds Painted inside and out:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  10. Sep 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Hey Nathan do you have the AAL on your dakars? After you added the shackles it gave you a little rake, which is perfect IMO. Anyway, I have my shackles set at the 1" mark and I'm sitting level. I need that rake for towing so I'm gonna bump the shackles up to the 1.5" mark. I was wondering if you had the D6XL AAL because with the hard shell your maintaining a nice rake. All I have on/ in the bed is the softopper (30#'s maybe) and a set of tools (also 30#'s roughly). I can't figure out why I'm sitting level after adding roughly 3.25" of rear lift (2.25"dakars + 1" shackles) paired with 3" eibach springs up front. I should have maintained the factory rake or a little more since I've added more overall lift on the rear. When you get a chance could you let me know your height numbers from middle of hub to fender? Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  11. Sep 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    yote

yote Washington State University

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Ext Cab TRD Off-Road
    Sub'd :cool:
    looking good so far

12. Oct 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    TPain

TPain Boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 Supercharged
    Love the double cab and glad to see that you did the lift right.

13. Oct 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    seedless024

seedless024 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    norman
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    01' TRD ext cab white
    i dont think ive seen anyone paint the light shroud before.

how much difference does it make with just your regular night lights on?

14. Oct 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    yote

yote Washington State University

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Ext Cab TRD Off-Road
    x2, never seen that before. I want to see pictures of the headlight mounted also!

15. Oct 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    It's the black headlight mod (BHLM). I did mine the same way and the light output is very good because I have projectors. I'm not sure how regular stock lights would do in reflective-less shrouds?

16. Oct 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    Truck looks so much better with the ARB bumper. Let see the Badlands winch installed. Pretty good winch actually. Only downsides are they are heavy and slow line speed, but the are better than the Smittybuilt winches that a lot of people run.

17. Oct 2, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks Adam appreciate it man. I could not pass up the offer i got the bumper for it was a STEAL what I paid for it so had to get it then. I like u i want to get the winch on their but i have to make a plate and brackets out of steal to mount the winch on. hopin soon to get it on i'll let u know when i do and post pics. I thought the winch would be a good one to go with. haven't heard of a lot of people with these type of winches. it seems to be a good winch so far since i just hook everything up to make sure it worked.

18. Oct 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks guys I have seen people doing it to their Tacomas when they do the retro fit. Like Moe was saying it looks awesome with the projectors but IDK how it would work with regular light output with them painted black. probably would look good but the output though. Definitely i am going to post pics when they r installed. Cant wait for them to get here. the were shipped yesterday 10/1/13 so hopen from Atlanta to NC want be that long and will get here at the end of week.

19. Oct 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks Tanner for the complement man. u cant go wrong with having the bilsteins all around with ebaich coils and the Dakars with extended shackles. Is that how u have ur set up too?

20. Oct 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    porchop

porchop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRD PRO S/C
    hey man, how does the arb bumper hold up with the ebaich springs on the 5100s?

Products Discussed in

To Top