1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bike Fork Mount to front of Toolbox

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tdunc, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Sep 3, 2013 at 4:54 AM
    tdunc

tdunc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD OR
    I've seen several members install the fork mounts on top of their toolbox, but I wanted to be able to use the toolbox without taking off the bikes. I understand it's less stress when the bike is "pushing down" on the mount, but I think I've made it pretty strong using my rack setup as well.

• Drilled holes in the toolbox (pretty scary since no going back after this...)
    • Used 1/8" aluminum flat bar on opposite side for extra backing, and rubber washers front and back of the toolbox for sealing. If I catch any leaks, I'll get some silicon on there
    • Once the fork is mounted (Rocky Mountain Clutch SD), the rear is bungeed to the rack and/or cross bars. I can rattle the bike, and the entire truck moves. It's pretty sturdy. The only time the bike will be putting stress on the front of the toolbox is while driving, which means the lid is closed, providing even more reinforcement to the front face.
    • My next goal is to get the rear tire off the tailgate, so I can still access my bed with the bikes on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FF162718 likes this.
  2. Feb 12, 2018 at 6:51 PM
    FF162718

FF162718 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Looking for Good Ideas!
    Looking for ideas for the cross bars and my Rocky Mountain Thru-Axel Drive Shaft - I want to lift the backend of the bikes out of the truck bed. Can you PM me some pics of the crossbar and rack system you have in place?

Products Discussed in

To Top