1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie question... please help.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by gfaria1, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Sep 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    gfaria1

gfaria1 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road CC
    Ok, so I'm getting ready to place the order but I have to choose between the Nitrocharger shocks or the sport shocks. When I called the company, they said that the nitrochargers are better for a softer quality ride vs the sport...

Is that accurate? you would think it would be the other way around because the sports are more $$

2. Sep 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    I got the sport shocks all around. VERY pleased!:D

Better ride over stock definitely. Can't say I know much about the regular nitrochargers though. Sports are designed for on and offroad (see below)

From ARB's website:

"Our new Nitrocharger Sport is the latest OME development in shock absorber design and represents the next evolutionary step for our ever-reliable and much respected Nitrocharger range of shock absorbers.
    The main feature owners have noticed and commented on after having Nitrocharger Sport shocks fitted is the tremendous improvement in ride comfort and handling over all types of road conditions. The ability to soak up harsh and rough roads is nothing but outstanding.

While having OME suspension installed with Nitrocharger shocks will definitely improve the handling and ride comfort while increasing the ride height by around 30mm, fitting Nitrocharger Sport shocks will give you the latest technology and even more of an improvement. This is coupled with an extra year of warranty on your Sport shocks.."

I vote Sport if funds allow.

3. Sep 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Go with the ultimate kit! It is cheaper, monotube shocks, and the bilsteins are pretty good shocks

4. Sep 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    WTFaulkner

WTFaulkner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    SLC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Stuff
    OME for the win!:cool:

5. Sep 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    whonoez

whonoez Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    3"lift, Monster XD w/ 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Blacked out emblems, tinted front windows, BHLM
    http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/Bilstein-Adjustable-lift-kit-with-5100-shocks_p_132.html
    This is what I went with, and just finished the install. Super easy.

6. Sep 17, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    if its for only or mainly highway either go full OME or what i went with was bilstein 5100's front and rear and ome 884 coils and aal in the rear and my rig is 95% highway and 5% curb hoppin wet grass trying to get off the highway but no exit use lol

7. Sep 17, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    Code Gray

Code Gray 200 years too late

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Limo tint, black low profile tool box, blacked out emblems, tailgate mod, black XD Addict rims with terra Grapplers, ionic 5" black railway step sides, weather tech mats and deflectors. OME 3" lift with 885s and dakars leaf packs, LED hood and bed lights from Mattgecko, back window bar from mattgecko, black headlight mod, LEDs kit for maps, dome and reverse lights, MrImYo Rear-View Mirror Lift, Red line hood struts, Grillcraft MX black mesh grill.
    I went with the full OME from Toytec (Tacoma World code 112710) and couldn't be happier. It rides really smooth with the sport shocks and didn't have to buy new upper control arms or brake line extenders. I've read some reviews where the bilistens looked liked they puked just a few months after some people installed them and that scared me. All the reviews on OME lifts have been good and a lot go with the full OME Dakar rear leafs. I really like the way Toytec's site lets you customize your order and they assemble your front shocks, springs and spacers for you. Many sites don't have all those options . Lots of good reviews on Toytec's customer service also. I was lucky to be friends with a mechanic who put everything on for only $275. All the reviews I read were $300 - $600 for install. Then you need an alignment. I looked in Sundays paper and found a coupon, $150 for life time alignments.

[​IMG]

8. Sep 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    sparky1231

sparky1231 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX
    Code Gray, what size tires are those? 285 or 265? Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top