1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Skyjacker soft ride leaf pack

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Lewdog, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Sep 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    Lewdog

Lewdog [OP] Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport
    3" lift, Pro Comp 33/12.50r17
    Does anybody have the Skyjacker leaf pack? How much lift? How do they ride? Pics of truck w/ leafs installed.

2. Sep 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    BillMunchkin

BillMunchkin Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 4x4
    Ready lift, Air Raid CIA, Magnaflow cat back, Weathertech floor mats, OME 885, Skyjacker leafs, Bilstein 5100s
    I recently bought these from JCwhitney and I will be planning on installing by the end of the month. I will let you know how it goes. The stock springs squeak already and sag pretty bad with hardly any weight so they need to go!

3. Sep 15, 2013 at 5:59 AM
    Lewdog

Lewdog [OP] Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport
    3" lift, Pro Comp 33/12.50r17
    Thanks. I'm really curious to know how they feel without any weight in the back.

4. Sep 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    BillMunchkin

BillMunchkin Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 4x4
    Ready lift, Air Raid CIA, Magnaflow cat back, Weathertech floor mats, OME 885, Skyjacker leafs, Bilstein 5100s
    Got the leafs installed! They seem a little more firm than stock and sits a little higher in the back which is what i wanted. I had the stock springs with a one inch Readylift block. I also ditched the stock shocks and put the 5100s on the back. Did the install myself and went pretty smooth. One of the problems I had was the U bolts they installed with the Readylift were too long but the shop was down the road and they happened to have some stock u bolts. Also, they were a little scuffed up from shipping on the bracket that holds the park brake cable, but a little paint fixed that up. These springs are awesome and you can't beat that price. Plus they have free shipping from JC whitney.

Sorry didnt get pics of the install but I do have one as the truck sits with new leafs.

20130920_155801.jpg

5. Aug 14, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    benmtl

benmtl New Member

Member:
    Sherbrooke, Qc
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma TRD
    Sorry to ditch this topic but I have a question regarding this leaf pack.
    I have a 2008 Tacoma TRD (Dble cab), everything is stock.
    I have a couple leaf springs broken on the driver side, a suspension shop here quoted a huge amount of money just to replace the broken leaves ($500) so I'm thinking of just buying 2 full leaf packs and change the suspension on both sides (the truck has 110000 miles on it so even the "not broken" leaves are pretty old).
    This leaf pack (http://www.jcwhitney.com/skyjacker-...17.jcwx?skuId=2944836&filterid=d2193y2008g2j1) is advertised with a 1.5 / 2in lift, I've been told it's OK since it's gonna match the factory "lift" my truck had, just wanted a confirmation.. my front suspension is stock, I don't necessarily want to have the rear sitting 2in higher than the front...
    Thanks a lot for any help !
    Ben

Products Discussed in

To Top