1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Hankooks and Level 8 combo

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ToyoTaco02, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Sep 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    ToyoTaco02

ToyoTaco02 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Decatur,IL
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner DC 2.7L
    OME 881 1/4" top plate spacer OME Dakars OME Nitrochargers Light Racing UCA
    ypu3yquz_f254a62ecf098d4411d6b1c53bbadd0b71e562a1.jpg
    I just thought I would post a quick review of my new tire and rim setup. I went from 32x11.50x15 bfg atko and black rock wheels to P255/75/17 hankook dynapro atm rf10 and level 8 mk6 wheels.
    After I installed the new setup the first thing I noticed was how much thinner the new tire is. It's about 10" wide vs. the bfg atko which is 11.50" inched wide. I think the newer combo gives the truck a sporty look vs. more of an offroad look. The hankook tire actually measures 32.2" vs. the bfg atko measurement of 31.7". Side by side the hankook seems a lot larger in height than the bfg atko.
    On the road the hankook is just plain smooth. The new combo is also a little bit lighter so I can feel the difference in take off from stop lights and in braking. The truck also rides nicer but this is mainly due to going to a P standard load tire vs. a C load on the bfg atko. I'm interested to see how these affect my mileage and what kind of wear I can get out of them.

Products Discussed in

To Top