1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"When" not "if" - Trail Damage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Grieby54, Jun 17, 2013.

?

"When" or "If"?

1. Damage is a certainty - just be ready for it or stop wheeling

295 vote(s)
    69.7%
  2. If you're smart and don't push your truck, you can avoid damage

116 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. Only idiots damage their truck when wheeling

12 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Sep 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    I wheeled my 2008 for a few years, and never had any body damage from it, just shit ton of scratches. I broke a whole pile of other stuff however.

my 2012 didnt get wheeled

my 2013 only gets light duty wheeling and messing around, worst its seen so far is when i rolled the play truck a month or so ago

my play truck... this one takes my aggression i guess you could say and it saves the life of my tacoma's.

If you plan on wheeling it, at all. It is a WHEN not IF, but the very large majority of the WHEN is dictated by your habits and attention to detail. If your good, and you behave.. you have a good chance of never having severe damage and your WHEN will be much cheaper than if you treat it like my 81.. If you treat it like my 81 then there is no limit to the WHEN damage factor, and if its your tacoma then $$$ factor.

The more fun you have by pushing the limits, the more likely you are to get to the WHEN faster.

But even if your the most boring and careful person, shit happens. I watched a nice truck roll over with a very cautious driver on a fairly mild incline when something busted at very low speed.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

2. Sep 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.

Products Discussed in

To Top