1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5001s with OME 883

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacoma guy, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Aug 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    Hey guys need your help. I have a 2011 TRD offroad DCSB prerunner. What I wont to do is just level the front. I was thinking of getting the 5001s set them to .085 and use my stock springs. I understand that the offroad coils are progressives. With that being said that is going to stiffen it some. But what if I was to go with the 5001s set at 0 and OME 883. Here is where I need your help. Witch of the two set ups will give me the better ride ? I don't wont too stiff of a ride a little more then stock would be ok.
    As always thanks in advance for all input and any personal experience .

2. Aug 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    I have the 5100/883 combo very smooth ride.

3. Aug 16, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    tacoma guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    Awesome , Thanks for the reply. How much lift did you get and did they settle any ?

4. Aug 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    About an inch and a half.

5. Aug 18, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    tacoma guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    That's would be all I would need .Thanks again.

6. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    FatTony415

FatTony415 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    '20 DCSB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Stock for now
    Senor Taco, are you saying that the truck you have pictured has only 1.5" of lift on the front with 5100s @ 0 and 883 coils? Because that looks like a lot more lift than 1.5".

7. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx Master Shredder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SW TRD OR/ 2015 tundra CM off road sr5
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
  8. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    build says he got spindles too

9. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
    makes sense

10. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    it has to be better than the 5100's with 885 coils set on the second highest ring that were in my 4runner... no wieght other than stock... needless to say it rode stiff as hell, now i have 5100's (newer ones, the other set was toast) with the coils that came on them (possibly trd sport coils, but 1 inch longer and more space in the coils than my trd offroad coils) and it rides great.

11. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    i didnt think you could set the 5100s that high with something other than stock coils?

12. Oct 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    you "can't"

i dont know how they got them on, must have been so much better than autozone spring compressors and a brave person. i took them apart with the impact, and the coil was a good 2-3 inches past the fully extended shock. It caused some damage to a few parts.

Almost as stupid of a person, as whoever put the suspension together on the tacoma i did last weekend. 5100's set second from top ring, the coils that are about 1" longer than stock offroad coils, unloaded, no idea of the brand, but taller.. AND 2.5 inch top plate spacers.. along with 3 inch blocks in the rear on the 2 plus overload leaves.

those 5100's were actually in good shape and are now on the runner

[​IMG]

13. Oct 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    4 runner looks great

14. Oct 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

this is the shaft from the 5100's with 885's it was under so much pressure it oblonged the hole on the bucket, washers, and bushing and was metal to metal. it also crushed the convex washer on the top flat and wore a countersunk area into it where the nut was pulling.

15. Oct 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    thanks, i like it. it has the 5100 lift and it has a 1 inch body lift. But i cant take the body lift out, because the sliders are welded on and that is more work than its worth to me.

It is my GF daily driver, it stays mostly on the road. Partialy because the nitto tires are horrid offroad. And partialy because it was stiff as a rock in the front untill this last weekend when i fixed it :)

also yes, the 285/75/17 nittos rub in the front, and only fit with wheel spacers or they run on the control arm in the front as well.

they rub worse on my tacoma than on the 4runner.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top