1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed liners for a 2012 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomanj12, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Jul 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    tacomanj12

tacomanj12 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    gray
    Being new to the truck world I am curious to see if most people get a bed liner or not...let me know what you think

2. Jul 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    The Tacoma has a composite bed. A liner would be a little redundant, unless you went spray-on. I did add the OEM rubber mat to keep things from sliding and to make it softer on the knees if you are scrambling around in there.

3. Jul 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    Mapcinq

Mapcinq Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ontario, Canada
    You mean a mat? I have a mat.

[​IMG]

4. Jul 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    As others have said, no need for a be liner since the bed is composite. All you need is a rubber bed mat.

5. Jul 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/284688-raptor-liner.html its only been on since monday so i have no durability reports but the texture is inbetween linex and rhino. little grippier than rhino not hardly as sharp as linex and it has cured pretty hard (no squishy give/ rubber feeling) i have seen videos of this stuff that are 3 years old and the guy says the sheen is still the same as the day he put it in so im hoping it will hold up a good while.

6. Jul 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    yeah all you need is a rubber bed mat.

if you want one on cheap. go to tractor supply and get the 4X6 stall mat, and cut it to fit thats what i did. I have some pic in my build thread of mine. link to my build is in my sig below.

also i have read on where that line x and others wont do the 2nd gen taco bed. they said it wont stick like it should/need to.

7. Jul 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    tacomanj12

tacomanj12 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    gray
    Thanks. Bed mat is what I meant...I am ordering one today.

8. Jul 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    Mapcinq

Mapcinq Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ontario, Canada
    Good idea, shit slides like crazy without one. The weekend I brought my truck home, I had to go and pick up a generator. I didnt strap it at first, and it went flying.

9. Oct 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    spieler

spieler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    3" Lift kit/265 Duratracs/SCS Stealth 6 matte black wheels, OEM White grille switcheroo, TRD skid derped white, CSjumper drtl map dome parking lights fog light bulbs, Lifetime LED headlights, **Reverse light mod, Foglight anytime Mod, Trimmed mudflaps, Fully Debadged, 3rd brake light cover by well...me, Liquid Innovations black carbon dipped front emblem, G-Tek Fab diamond plate white door sill protectors, SOS Bolt-on Sliders bedlined, MattGecko rear window security bar, Hardwired Radar Detector w/custom sucker mount, Horse Stall Bed Mat, Audiocontrol LC2i with custom mount ACR-1 remote, Custom sub box behind drivers rear seat, Mag light holder behind seat, Center console organizer , Passenger seatbelt flapper fix, Tailgate anti-theft Mod, Bed storage Locks Mod, hygieneboy ghetto gutter grille guard
    You cant go wrong with a $40 horse stall mat. We were gathering supplies to redo the horses pasture and well I didnt want to scar the crap out of my new truck bed just yet so I grabbed that mat and cut it down the next day. Super easy and good stuff! Thanks TN for the suggestion![​IMG][​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top