1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Magnaflow #16625

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by toyota4wd, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Oct 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    toyota4wd

toyota4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    OME 887s Dakar Leafs, SPC UCAs, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Kenwood touchscreen, diff breather mod, Magnaflow 22in. muffler, AFE Pro dry S air filter, secondary charcoal filter delete. Soon to come Warn M8000 winch on a a Westin winch trey, full retros with demon eyes
    Hello everyone, I know this topic has been beaten to death but I have been reading a lot of threads on this model of magnaflow for the 2.7l and i still have questions...
    Is it going to drive me crazy with droning at highway speeds, or do I get used to it?

The last thing I want is to spend $500+ on a new system, just for myself not to like it. My goal is for this kind of a sound out of my other wise stock 2.7l in my 08 access cab yoda-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCnvjLu3oLs&feature=player_embedded
    Is this somewhat what im going to get? Other suggestions? I don't have enough money to make a mistake haha, I do want a mean sounding taco, but not the fart sound of a guy who just ate a bunch of tacos.

I am pretty much the only person who drives my truck, so no worries there.
    Thanks a lot.

2. Oct 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    The video has a 4.0 in it and its an x-runner which is claimed to be higher output than stock 4.0. Soooo, that exhaust is supposed to fit a 2.7 or a 4.0 but will sound a little but more ricey on the 2.7 It'd be throaty on the 4.0

I know there have to be people on here with that set up on the 4 banger....hope they chime in. Hope i've helped!

And magnaflow makes excellent products, even if you don't like the sound, the product will look good sound decent and flow better. Not to mention, it'll hold up alot better than the stock set up!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  3. Oct 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    tooter

tooter play every day

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2012, std cab, 5 lug, 2.7, 5 speed
    Built for maximum low end torque, tooter II.VII intake manifold spacer, LCE long tube header, Injen long tube intake, 2,900 rpm torque peak.
    I put a Magnaflow on my 4 banger and took it back off in a week and reinstalled the stock muffler, because the Magnaflow droned at 2,000 rpm which is right where I drive all the time. I also lost low end torque by opening up the exhaust system. Our little 2.7's need some backpressure for low rpm end pull. Man, I was really happy I didn't throw my stock muffler away! :)

So instead, I chopped the pipe behind the rear axle and put a tip on it. It's not one bit louder, and has a lot cleaner look with no ugly bent piece of pipe hanging out the side... and it was a really cheap and easy mod. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top