1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

noob LED Turn signal help!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by YodasYota, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Oct 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    op, read through that link i sent you, jgraham (I can't take credit for it) mentions clipping the inside wires of the bulb, and you should be good to go

2. Oct 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    YodasYota

YodasYota [OP] I'm here for the chicks.

Member:
    First Name:
    Yoda
    Orange County CA/the Dagobah system
    Vehicle:
    White 2005 2.7L
    aFe pro dry s drop in, secondary air filter delete, "Black Box" mod, debadged, tinted windows, 300mm Broadway rear view mirror, LED brake lights, side markers, rear turn signals, plate lights, and interior lights. Flowmaster cat back exhaust, a cracked tail light that I fixed with some tape, all black grille, 15” Raceline 401B wheels, Goodyear 235/75/15 All Terrain Tires
    Im just going to run LEDs in the rear and clear regular bulbs in the front for now. Could it be possible that one of the LEDs might be defective, and that's why it kept blowing my fuse?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  3. Oct 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    YodasYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Yoda
    Vehicle:
    White 2005 2.7L
    aFe pro dry s drop in, secondary air filter delete, "Black Box" mod, debadged, tinted windows, 300mm Broadway rear view mirror, LED brake lights, side markers, rear turn signals, plate lights, and interior lights. Flowmaster cat back exhaust, a cracked tail light that I fixed with some tape, all black grille, 15” Raceline 401B wheels, Goodyear 235/75/15 All Terrain Tires
    another dumb question. how do I cut the wires without damaging my LED? tip or trick to it?

4. Oct 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    does it blow your fuse if you put it in the rear, I never tried it, but I would assume they are on the same circuit, so if it doesn't blow your fuse in the rear, then I don't see why it would blow the fuse if you put it in the front

as far as clipping the wires, just crab a small set of scissors or diagonal pliers, u don't have to damage the plastic at all, post up a pic of your bulb, that will help if it's not the same bulb style i'm talkin bout

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  5. Oct 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    YodasYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Yoda
    Vehicle:
    White 2005 2.7L
    [​IMG]So I took a picture of the bulb, but I dont know how to post it.
    :homer:"Where is the any key?!":homer:

6. Oct 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    instead of quick reply, you hit go advanced, and on the top there are the font sizes, smiley faces, and then the paperclip icon, that's to attach photos

7. Oct 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    YodasYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Yoda
    Vehicle:
    White 2005 2.7L
    ok lets see if this works....

IMG_20131031_121548_978.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top