1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ideas for bed cover storage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Newlife, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Nov 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    Newlife

Newlife [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    So I have a ranch fiberglass topper and it's a great cover. But sometimes It is in the way especially if I find a good deal somewhere. So I am thinking about taking it off and only using it when I need to. ( I.e. going on vacation, traveling, or moving stuff in the rain) what would be some good ideas for storing it without damaging it. I think it looks good on the truck when it's on. But almost gives it that old man look. No offense to anyone who does have one of course.

For instance on being in the way. I found a great deal on a used 4 wheeler and had to take the cover off. Leave it at the guys house. Unload the 4 wheeler and come back and get the cover. Same with the piano. Except when I bought it I knew I was buying the piano so it was take off at home. But the cover is so heavy and bulky it usually takes two people to get it off and that becomes a pain

2. Nov 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    tacoma89

tacoma89 Money Pit

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Richmond, Va
    Vehicle:
    08 sport dc lb
    Check build in sig.
    I have the same problem. I like having the ability of having all that dry storage and like to keep the topper on during the winter, but then when I go hunting which is about every weekend I take the 4-wheeler most of the time. It is so much easier to put the 4-wheeler in the bed then to have to hook up the trailer and drive around with a trailer.

I am moving soon and want to have something that will easily allow me to pull it on and off by myself.

Right now I keep mine on saw horses and stick a tarp over it, but that takes 2 people.

I did build a box and put rollers on top of it to where I backed my truck up and got inside and lifted it on my back and walked forward to where it rested on the first roller. Then I could slide it back and tie it down all by myself. Too bad I moved and lost that setup.

3. Nov 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    Newlife

Newlife [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    Sounds interesting. Would have to think about that. I have a building I can store it in. But not able to lay it down. Would either have to stand up or suspend it from the ceiling. Just worried about the weight

4. Nov 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    udy2554

udy2554 NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    I used an old swingset that was convenient. Maybe build something similar. It made removing/replacing the cap a one man job that took 15-20 min.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Nov 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    MagnumTaco

MagnumTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    New Mexico
    Supercharger, Baja Suspension, TRD exhuast, Stealth pulley.
    I set up a pulley system in my car port. I am able to back the truck in and manually lower the top on to the truck bed. I used 2x4s and webbing and pulleys. I used the 2x4 because I did not want the straps to press on the topper.

Products Discussed in

To Top