1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6" DB lift and OME??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by monstertaco12, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Oct 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    monstertaco12

monstertaco12 [OP] Quack Addict

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Off Road
    Been looking around with no luck finding any info. Found a really good deal on a 6" DB lift kit but already have 3" OME.

Currently, I have a 3" OME lift with 886s up front and Dakars in the rear. What would happen if I were to install a 6" lift with the suspension setup I already have? Would I need the front strut spacers that come with the DB lifts? Would adding them give me 9 inches and too much angle on my CVs? Would I need longer rear shocks? Not really sure how the two would work together...

I know sticking with the 3" OME is better for wheeling but after seeing the deal on the 6" kit I'm just curious as to how the two would clash???

2. Oct 22, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Show us the parts of the 6" kit.

3. Oct 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    monstertaco12

monstertaco12 [OP] Quack Addict

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Off Road
    It's the same kit as this: I talked to someone at RC and they told me that the lift was intended for stock trucks and cannot be stacked with theOME struts/coils/leaf pack

4. Nov 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    Jkohler

Jkohler HUH?

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    UT
    Vehicle:
    02 4DR Taco TDR Supercharged SR5 6in lift
    12" Icon 2.5 coilovers, 6" Drop Bracket, Tuff Country 5" lift knuckles, Icon 4''-8'' Extended Coilovers, Light Racing upper control arms, 7" Alcan leafs, 13" icon 2.0 smooth bodies in the rear. 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow cats and Thrush muffler. 295x75x16 AT's (34.4") Superchargers Other shit like rear breather mod relocate, gray wire mod, intake elbow removed, led's, toolbox, etc
    The 6" is a Drop Bracket kit, you will have to cut out your subframe and weld in the new ones. That kit looks decent, minus the spacers. Stay away from those things man. The best option is to junk that spacer and get extended coil overs that compensate for the 6" that the drop bracket lowered.

SO.. the kit is good but double to price for some coil overs-thats what i did and went with Icon Extended coil overs from downsouthmotorsports for around $1200

IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top