1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 Tacoma HID's???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bowfisher1, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Nov 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    Bowfisher1

Bowfisher1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Double cab
    3 inch Rough Country Off Road lift/level kit, NITTO Trail Grapplers, Monster Xd Series rims, memphis door speakers and amp, two sundown SD-2 10's, Kenwood head unit, weather tech floor matts, coverking neoprene shadowgrass seat covers
    I need some help! I know absolutely nothing about HID's except that my friend has them in his Tacoma and I think they look sick. I'm wanting to get some but I don't know what to get. Please help!

2. Nov 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    anders99

anders99 The Sailing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Penscola, FL
    Vehicle:
    (07 Base 4cyl 4x4 - RIP) -> 2018 4Runner SR5 Premuim
    Taco SOS Offroad Concepts hybrid front bumper Iggy Corp. Switch panel Famous Fab ditch lights and cb antenna mount Pioneer Appradio 2 Halo Led Headlights Led Taillights 3'' toytech spacer lift on front end Toytec AAL on rear AFE cold air intake 4Runner Stock
  3. Nov 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    Bowfisher1

Bowfisher1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Double cab
    3 inch Rough Country Off Road lift/level kit, NITTO Trail Grapplers, Monster Xd Series rims, memphis door speakers and amp, two sundown SD-2 10's, Kenwood head unit, weather tech floor matts, coverking neoprene shadowgrass seat covers
    What's the difference? I know absolutely nothing in relation to this stuff.

4. Nov 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    anders99

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Penscola, FL
    Vehicle:
    Taco SOS Offroad Concepts hybrid front bumper Iggy Corp. Switch panel Famous Fab ditch lights and cb antenna mount Pioneer Appradio 2 Halo Led Headlights Led Taillights 3'' toytech spacer lift on front end Toytec AAL on rear AFE cold air intake 4Runner Stock
    The difference is that with they aftermarket ones is it is a whole new housing with projector lens pre installed. so what that means is that all you would have to do is get the HID setup. With the retro fit you use your stick housing, open it up and install a projector lens. Then you get the HID set up.

You can't just throw HIDs in you stock housing without getting a nasty pattern that blinds other drivers

5. Nov 12, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    anders99

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Penscola, FL
    Vehicle:
    Here is some better and more through info in the lighting section

Products Discussed in

To Top