1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oh please.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Roland, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Apr 7, 2008 at 7:14 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i'm still so confused. are you sitting in a bar right now drinking wine, smoking a cigarette, wearing a neckerchief, and a black and white horizontal striped long sleeve shirt with a beret, talking about how much you hate Americans while eating a baguette and surrendering to the Nazi's? cause thats how all Americans view all French people.

2. Apr 7, 2008 at 7:55 PM
    RoadKill

RoadKill Northern Alliance: padawan

Member:
    North of the border
    Vehicle:
    First gen 4x4
    285x70x17 offset rims+ 1.5 spacers, rear Timbrens + 3 inch lift add a leaf, Sway-a-way coilovers + camburg control arms, Fender flares (2.5 inch), clear lights, headers, sliders, roll bar
    You got it all wrong dude... even us don't understand shit about them
    big difference between Quebekers and Frenchs from france, its much more like Ireland and England. I was actualy enjoying aligning my truck with a set a blow torches in one feet of mud between these last posts.

besides, Quebec makes tuff cookies, ever heard of the 22nd regiment? Even tho Canada does not have the greatest army... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_22e_Régiment

3. Apr 7, 2008 at 11:35 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    thats priceless....lol:laugh:. pretty good stereotype description there ND!:D

4. Apr 8, 2008 at 1:30 AM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Talking as a new member of this board, I don't think you have a lot to worry about. I haven't seen much bantering that I'd consider negative - mostly cool folks having fun and sharing some great knowledge. Ya, I see a back-handed bash every so often, but honestly, the basher looks the bigger fool when not done in jest.

Now point me to the good stuff. :D

5. Apr 8, 2008 at 4:38 AM
    no_werries

no_werries Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 reg cab Indigo Ink 5 speed
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    The sad part is a lot of arguments could have been avoided if people had just taken a bit more time to research a subject instead of coming at other with a naive know-it-all attitude! The search button on this site works wonders for finding that info!

6. Apr 8, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    Roland

Roland [OP] My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    My my my. I really stirred the pot this time. I've had a bunch of PMs about this thread from people concerned they may have offended me or gotten out of hand. It's nothing of the sort. I just wanted to point out in a tongue in cheek way that a lot of the threads get dragged off in long hard to navigate directions which can make it tough for people to sort it all out when they are looking for information. That and I wanted an excuse to use the peeing little dog analogy. :devil:

Case in point how did this most excellent thread turn into a discussion about the French? :D

7. Apr 8, 2008 at 6:33 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Known as the VanDoos,those guys don't play around....Tough SOB's.

8. Apr 8, 2008 at 6:34 AM
    RoadKill

Member:
    North of the border
    Vehicle:
    First gen 4x4
    285x70x17 offset rims+ 1.5 spacers, rear Timbrens + 3 inch lift add a leaf, Sway-a-way coilovers + camburg control arms, Fender flares (2.5 inch), clear lights, headers, sliders, roll bar
    I guess its exactly what your where trying to say from the start... :p
    Anyways, maybe forums could have more stickied threads to basic FAQs on tacos in all different forum sections?

9. Apr 8, 2008 at 7:18 AM
    nagelg

nagelg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    This is a great site. The friendly banter is what makes it fun. The friendliness and willingness to put up with newbi questions is awesome. Other sites I've visited have a snobbish air that makes you think your not welcome unless you already know everything....and after all, if questions aren't welcome...whats the point? There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Question: Do you boys in the S/C alliance REALLY eat hog jowls when you drink beer??? or was that just a rumor spread by jealous yankees? .......And what exactly IS a hog jowl?

10. Apr 8, 2008 at 7:38 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    aligning you're truck with blow torches in mud? you're gonna have to go into a little more detail cause i have no idea what your crazy french ass it talking about. BTW, you sound like you would fit in just right in our Redneck Division :)

oh i'm full of stereotypes, thats what keeps me so intollorant and full of hate :)

i cant believe you just asked that. at this point you should just understand that absolutely no thread on TW will ever not stray into something stupid and pointless. its just the nature of the site.

i dont know what the hell that is but if it comes with beer i'll eat the hell out of it!!!

11. Apr 8, 2008 at 9:04 AM
    RoadKill

Member:
    North of the border
    Vehicle:
    First gen 4x4
    Last week I bent a control arm and busted a tie-rod and joint (wich BTW didn't get any sympathy from any member of TW) .....
    I have an apointment at the dealership to take pics of my frame so they can buy it back so i had to straig thing out before.

Tied up the wheel with chains and pulled with an other truck after blow torching some strategic points. Surprisingly it goes even better now... :D

12. Apr 8, 2008 at 9:19 AM
    argm31i

argm31i Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yes, some people eat them...but they're pretty nasty.

They are the jowls of a hog. A jowl is a "lower jaw or cheek." Meaning...hog jowls are the lower jaws or cheeks of a hog.

They say that they can cook them to be "good," but I've never tried one because of the smell.

13. Apr 8, 2008 at 11:25 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    how did you bust up your truck? i dont remember reading anything about it.

14. Apr 8, 2008 at 11:45 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's

No shit man what did you do to your truck. :confused:

15. Apr 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Now THAT'S a man who knows how to wheel! :thumbsup:

16. Apr 8, 2008 at 12:04 PM
    RoadKill

Member:
    North of the border
    Vehicle:
    First gen 4x4
    About the accident, last week sled backwards down a hill on 100 feet, slamed a car with my front wheel since the front end of the truck skided sideways.
    It sled like a frigin crazy carpet. No harm done to the body

I have a long off roading history including some home made machines like this modified RZ 350 into a four wheeler: had lots of fun building and driving it!

4-roue.jpg

17. Apr 8, 2008 at 12:11 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    were you on a icy hill or mud? sounds like ice

18. Apr 8, 2008 at 12:59 PM
    RoadKill

Member:
    North of the border
    Vehicle:
    First gen 4x4
    Yes, pure ice, didn't see at first but soon realized that there was no turning back, I knew that car was waiting for me down the hill, he was parked in a bad spot, anything comming down that hill just had to end up in it.
    So I almost made it all the way up, I could see gravel 2, 3 feet ahead but in the end Newton had me by the balls... what a slide! :D was well worth the ride.

19. Apr 8, 2008 at 1:03 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    that sucks. at least no real damage. i dont remember reading about his though

20. Apr 8, 2008 at 1:35 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Roland,

Back to the on-topic part of this thread for a minute. I agree with you for the most part, sometimes it does get a little hard to follow things on here through the off-topic, banter, but it is all in good fun, and I do think that people learn pretty quick how to wade through it and that it is just the nature of the site.

With regards to bashing newbies for asking questions. I agree that is not necessary. Personally if a question is asked that I see, and I know it has been answered before, I'll chime in with a short answer for the question, and then a reccomendation for the correct search term to go read up in detail. I really can't even figure out why anyone would bother to click the reply button only to write something rude to someone for asking a question. It seems like an awful waste of energy to me.

However, here is the part where we are going to differ, if someone, anyone, newbie or veteran is going to be a douche, and post something of no value in a rude or inflamatory manner, then I believe it is a moral imperative for as many of us as possible to let them have it with both barrells. They should be made to feel un-welcome, because as a whole shit like this drags down the entire site. Just the latest example.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/4020-eco-systems-vpe-test-results-4.html#post77637

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Products Discussed in

To Top