1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody have a collection of Stuff

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Bahamayellow, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Nov 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    Bahamayellow

Bahamayellow [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma sr5
    Just wondering if anyone has a collection of stuff or like collecting stuff such as old cars, parts, TACOMAS, old signs (ala American Pickers), statues etc. I collect myself and heard just about everything but every once in a awhile someone suprises me. Here is a small part of my collection. Let your inner geek come out. If I didnt have so many hobbies I think I would have a killer Tacoma. Lets see what you got.

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg:cool:

2. Nov 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    Now that's a Millenium Falcon!! Is that Tony Stark's arc reactor??

I collect 1:64 diecast like Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Tomica. Tomica is my favorite though...
    I collect motorcycle racing memorobilia especially if it's Max Biaggi or Nicky Hayden. I have a Max Biaggi replica Suomy helmet.

3. Nov 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    Bahamayellow

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma sr5
    Hello yes its a scale replica of the falcon from Empire strikes back. Its a scaled replica from the scene they used while the falcon was flying through the asteroid belt. It was made by a company that is now out of business called Master replicas. They made awesome star wars replicas and can only be bought on the secondary market like ebay. The falcon lights up also. That is also the arc reactor from iron man made by Sideshow collectables. They make some awesome stuff and make various collectables. Here are some more pics.

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Nov 27, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    Dcrooks84

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    That's an awesome collection. I enjoy the movies but am not a big collector. My bro-in-law however has several of the original 12" action figures and such. He has 2 of his 3 bedrooms in his house dedicated to his toy collection.

I like the blasters too!! You've got to have some serious dough into that collection! My crutch for not doing much to my Truck is my motorcycles... bought a new one in 2011 and keep modding that...

5. Nov 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    Bahamayellow

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma sr5
    I have been collecting since the early 1990s. Wish I hadnt now its like a addiction. I only have one room dedicated to toys though. lol. Your brother must have a serious collection. I am probably going to sell some of my vintage stuff soon and invest it in the master replicas stuff before the new Star wars movies come out. I am only missing R2. lol:)
    IMG_2833.jpg

6. Nov 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    When I was younger I started buying 1/18th scale die cast cars. Every allowance I got I bought a new car. I have like 45 of them now. They are sitting in a box in my shop. I dont know what to do with them.
    Recently I have started finding old tin signs to put on the walls of my shop. I dont have very many, but they are very cool. I like them so much I actually bought all my groomsmen in my wedding custom tin signs pertaining to the activities each of them are into.

7. Nov 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    Dcrooks84

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Depending on what the car is and what the manufacturer is you can make some serious dough on them. Toys can be a high dollar item right now.

Signage is starting to become real big now too! Vintage porcelain signs are going for some major $$

Products Discussed in

To Top