1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Waiting on delivery of my new Tacoma..

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TMMJeff, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Nov 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    TMMJeff

TMMJeff [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    USA
    Hey guys. After weeks of looking at every car Toyota/Scion makes and weighing pros and cons in all of them I finally decided I wouldn't be able to choose one, none of them really 'stick out'. I had this crazy idea "why not get a truck?" So I looked them up, there's only 2 Toyota Trucks and one of them(tundra) is butt-ugly so the choice was EASY.

Dealership had a Silver 2014 Tacoma Double Cab Short Bed Limited edition, I instantly fell in love with it. I get to sign the papers and drive it home Tuesday and I couldn't be more excited!

The salesman told me there's an available TRD Supercharger, I talked myself into it, and when I told him to go order it he says Oops you can't get that on the 2014. I wanted to punch him.

So here I am, newest member of Tacoma World. I look forward to learning and sharing here as I make this new truck my own. :D

2. Nov 10, 2013 at 4:43 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Congrats and welcome to TW! :wave:

3. Nov 10, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    This is gonna be good. Welcome.

4. Nov 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    TXBluStreak

TXBluStreak Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    TRD Cat-back exhaust, Chrome bar steps, Skid plate, Black "angel eyes" Halo LED Projection headlights, EFX 12K (blue) HID and EFX 10K (blue/white) HID fog lights, Phantom (silver off amber) signal lights, Bermuda Black InPro Car Wear LED Taillights, Custom Racing Stripes painted on by Galpin Auto Sports (G.A.S.), Huper Optik tinting
    Congrats and welcome to the club.
    Are you sure the TRD Supercharger isn't available for the 2014 Tacoma? That's odd...it certainly is an option on the Toyota website. I don't really think asking the salesman about parts is the ideal choice. What do they really know about such matters?!? Their main role is to pitch a sale and earn commissions from that sale. It's better to ask a sales rep from the parts department, they know their wares far better than a salesman working the floor.
    The ticket price for a TRD Supercharger is about $5,000 and it takes a whole day for the techs to install it. Given the fact that you won't pick it up till Tuesday, what's one more day of waiting, right?

5. Nov 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    TMMJeff

TMMJeff [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    USA
    Yes sir. My first thought was that this dealership was misinformed about the supercharger. I went to Toyota.com and clicked the Chat Live button and asked one of their reps, they concurred with my salesman. :(

This is my first vehicle I've ever bought brand new. I just recently totaled my 2006 Corolla on a deer. Going from a '06 Corolla to a Taco with heated Softex, Entune/Navigation/JBL Speakers. I might actually look forward to my drive to work now.

Thanks for the welcomes.

6. Nov 13, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    TMMJeff

TMMJeff [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    USA
    Well. A bit of an update.

The dealership told me Saturday that they would have my truck ready Monday afternoon/evening. I couldn't pick it up Monday, was planning on Tuesday. I went in Tuesday & asked the first guy I saw at the dealership, which happened to be the guy that handles Dealer-Trades, he said he's never heard of me and he doesn't even work on Saturdays so there's no way there was a Tacoma Limited on the way there.

Anyway the Silver one that my salesman had lined up for me is gone. I told my salesman to call me when he finds out what other Tacos are out there and when I can come pick it up. (Keep in mind I am paying $500 extra for them to Dealer-Trade)

It's been 24 hours no phone-call.

7. Nov 13, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    Gores

Gores Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hamilton, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    Man, go into that dealership, remember you are the customer. When I bought my Tacoma last year in December, My sales rep said he could get it to me in 2 weeks or less. Well I sold my car and he said oh sorry its going to take 6-8 Weeks.

I reminded him that his sole job and only purpose is to find me a truck. If he ever wants me to get my service done there or to even continue to buy a truck from them, then find me my truck sooner and give me a loaner truck until. I legit had no wheels.

Because he's screwing you around, remind him you are the customer. Take that 500 off and throw something else in. They always will to keep your business.

8. Nov 13, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    TMMJeff

TMMJeff [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    USA
    Took your advice, Gores. Just got back from the lot. I talked to the General Manager's son.
    Very friendly understanding fellow. Completely agreed it was unreasonable to tell me a truck could've been delivered within 48 hours. Gave me a "wtf?" look when I mentioned the $500 fee and they wouldn't even tell me how far the truck is coming to justify paying the fee. Shook his head when I told him I never received any phone calls. He called the Sales Manager and told him he lost a customer because their salesman is an idiot. (I had to laugh at that)

I guess now I need to find another Dealership, or maybe since I liked that manager so much .. just work with him on finding my Taco???

9. Nov 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    TMMJeff

TMMJeff [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    USA
    Well... The dealership told me they won't be able to get me a Limited Tacoma. They talked me into settling for a TRD OffRoad. I guess I can deal without the heated leather seats :(
    I do have to have the AppSuite though and they're still having a hard time finding a TRD OffRoad with AppSuite. They said maybe not until next year.

I did however buy my wife a Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE w/ Leather Package in the meantime though. It's very nice.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top