1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spindles, yay or nay?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Midnighttaco08, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Dec 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    Midnighttaco08

Midnighttaco08 [OP] Traffic Direction Moonlighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 DCSB Indigo Ink TRDOR 2017 CM Tundra TRD OR 4x4
    Some Bubble Gum and Duct-Tape IG** Midnighttaco03 Camburg uni-ball UCA w/ CO Rear Dakar with Fox 2.0 bottom overload removed GG G3D radius bar 50" roof mount GG G3 straight 32" front valence Rago fab bed clamp pod mounts 2 GG amber pod rear OTRATTW custom switch panel in sunglass holder K&N cold air Gibson exhaust Alpine INA-W900 head Mr. Marv box and amp rack IDQ-10 - Interfire Mono Focal fx45 component front Alpine type S Co-ax rear Homer taco TRD Grill GG LED low/high beam TRD seat covers OEM bed mat Weathertech floor mats with replacement TRD-OR decals Weathertech in-channel vents GG Flush mount pod replament fog light kit GG green ditch mount 3x2 pods Fog lights anytime Tailgate hoseclamp mod LED dome light LED map lights LED reverse lights LED license lights Rear window decals: Mall rated, Tacomaworld.com, U-Haul power tow, soundtech, mammoth.
    So, I've got an 08 TRD offroad double cab and have had camburg UCA's and their CO's for about 2 yrs now. It's time to get a new rear leaf pack, since the stock sucks so hard. I'm looking into to Dakars and fox performance 2.0 because I often haul my CRF out to the desert when I go, and reviews I've seen on the Dakars are a healthy medium for offload use and hauling. Would everyone say getting the camburg 4" spindles at the same time be a good idea? I don't want to get the dakars and have too much of the rake look. I like the level or just over level in the front look. Are the fox 2.0 a good mix for the Dakars or should I be considering another Shock? Will the OME leafs be level with spindles/CO's.? Any advise or suggestions would be great!

2. Dec 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    Your 2wd right? Just making sure cause spindles won't work if your 4x4.:)

Thanks,

Brett

3. Dec 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    Oh and welcome to TW .

4. Dec 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    Midnighttaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Some Bubble Gum and Duct-Tape IG** Midnighttaco03 Camburg uni-ball UCA w/ CO Rear Dakar with Fox 2.0 bottom overload removed GG G3D radius bar 50" roof mount GG G3 straight 32" front valence Rago fab bed clamp pod mounts 2 GG amber pod rear OTRATTW custom switch panel in sunglass holder K&N cold air Gibson exhaust Alpine INA-W900 head Mr. Marv box and amp rack IDQ-10 - Interfire Mono Focal fx45 component front Alpine type S Co-ax rear Homer taco TRD Grill GG LED low/high beam TRD seat covers OEM bed mat Weathertech floor mats with replacement TRD-OR decals Weathertech in-channel vents GG Flush mount pod replament fog light kit GG green ditch mount 3x2 pods Fog lights anytime Tailgate hoseclamp mod LED dome light LED map lights LED reverse lights LED license lights Rear window decals: Mall rated, Tacomaworld.com, U-Haul power tow, soundtech, mammoth.
    Yep 2WD and thank, there's too much good info on here! Can believe I didn't join sooner...

5. Dec 7, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    I don't think that the dakars will provide enough lift and you'll be front high. All pro makes a 4" leaf pack, or you can get a custom pack built.

6. Dec 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    Midnighttaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    How is the ride with all pro and the response to a load about 600lbs in the bed?

7. Dec 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    DAKARS are very good but if you do go that rought you should get the AAL with it atleast. DAKARS provide how much lift for 2nd gens?

When I put my Eibachs on my first gen (3.25" lift) and DAKARS on the rear I was sitting nose high until I added 1.5" lift shackles and now I have a slight rake.

Since your gonna have 600#s in the bed you should either get DAKARS with the AAL or all pro expo leafs which provide 4" of lift with an empty bed or around 3" lift with heavy weight in the bed.

IMO since your gonna have 4" up front and sometimes a load in the bed your gonna want atleast 3.5-4" of rear lift to compensate.

8. Dec 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    Midnighttaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    What about getting the Dakars and cranking the CO's up in the front? Getting the spindles was just an idea, but I would prefer the lower look if I can keep it with just getting the Dakars and shocks and leaving the front end alone. What shocks do you run with your pack? How is the ride?

9. Dec 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    Mainmoe02

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    I have the Bilstein 5125 10"
    The ride is very good. The DAKARS are very good springs. They can handle loads very well. I've put over 400#s in the bed numerous times and the drop maybe .5" which puts me right at level when carrying a heavy load. It seems that for normal riding conditions the springs are soft enough to make the ride nice and smooth. Then, when weight is in the bed they stiffen up enough to maintain the stance and keep the my truck from bottoming out. But with these springs I'm far from bottoming out even with the usual 400# load

10. Dec 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    Midnighttaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Do you think there will be a rake look to the truck if I just get the Dakars and keep the front end the way it is and crank up the CO's?

From other threads here, Dakars are advertised with 2.75" lift but realistically give 2.25-2.5".

11. Dec 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Mainmoe02

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    If your at 3" then you will probably be level with 2.25" of rear lift. If they give 2.5-2.75" of rear lift then you'll probably have slight rake if the front C/O are kept at 3". Do the C/O crank up to 3.5"?

12. Dec 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    Go with the all pros

13. Dec 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    Midnighttaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    No the lift is only a 2.5 in max. Any thoughts on a leaf pack that would carry a good load, have a nice ride, and give about a 1.5 - 2" lift? The load is only when I carry my bikes to the desert, and I hate how sketchy the ride is with the stock 3 leaf and how much it bottoms out...

14. Dec 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
  15. Dec 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    Mainmoe02

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    Oh I see, so 2.5 up front and 2.25 on the rear with DAKARS would be perfect in my opinion. But if you only want 1.5-2" then wheelers off road makes a 5leaf spring pack that gives roughly 1.5". Or you can take out a leaf of the DAKARS and get around 1.5-1.75

Products Discussed in

To Top