1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

kevinsc slowly coming together build!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by kevinsc, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Dec 10, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc [OP] 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    bought the truck in august 2012 as an early wedding gift to myself
    - 2012 dcsb 4x4
    Here she is the day I brought her home
    [​IMG]
    then came a pioneer radio 4 speakers and two 10 inch subwoofers! (factory sound was horrible)
    also installed a code alarm 2-way alarm locks and remote start!
    [​IMG]
    then the color match grill and a metal miller emblem to go with it!
    [​IMG]
    BHLM
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    dipped the rear bumper and did some vht on the tail-lights
    [​IMG]
    got a factory roof rack!
    [​IMG]
    dipped the factory rims
    [​IMG]
    bought some mb gunner rims from another tw member
    [​IMG]
    tacomaworld sticker mod:D
    [​IMG]
    then came the satoshi!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then i added some letters!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    leather done..
    [​IMG]
    broke the clips on the tray on the back of the passengers front seat but I will fix that when I get some more clips!
    [​IMG]
    then i added billies all the way around with ome 885s with LR UCA'S and wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear... went with some 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers!! has some bro lean going on but that sould be corrected within the next week or so and also will have a cab mount chop:D:D
    [​IMG]

added some factory sport mirrors!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then I added some angry eyelids... not sure if I like them yet?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some interior parts painted also have the tweeter rings on the door painted to match alsojust havent taken a pic yet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The halos are straight just couldn't get a good pic with the amount of room I had
    Got some bed side decals from ruggedT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally got a light bar!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

other mods:
    -5% tint all around and 50% on the windshield
    -cab mount chop

future mods/wish list
    -factory hood with scoop!
    -front and rear plate bumpers
    -skid plates
    -sliders
    -maybe a tool box
    -4 10 inch subwoofers behind the rear seat (i have the design and the specs just have to find time)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  2. Dec 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx Master Shredder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SW TRD OR/ 2015 tundra CM off road sr5
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
    Sweet truck man love the raptor grill

3. Dec 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    thanks man

4. Dec 10, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    About damn time, gotta keep tabs on my SC brothers!

:popcorn:

subbed.

5. Dec 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    Limited13

Limited13 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Jose, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Limited DCLB
    LED Interior Lights, LED License Place Lights, Weather Tech Digital- Fit Floor Liners Black Front and Back.
    Sweet ride The grill looks real nice!! Where did you get the letters from?

6. Dec 11, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    thanks man!

thanks man and JLEE at B.A.M.F is where i got the letters

7. Dec 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    You know how to install a remote start? :spy:

8. Dec 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    that is about the only thing i dont do... luckily i work at a stereo shop and we have a tech who has been installing with us for 31 years..

9. Dec 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Nice truck. Coming along very nicely. Like the grill and the lift/tires look good.

10. Dec 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    thanks man! I really want the fj rims like you have!

11. Dec 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    Styx586

Styx586 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport, 2001 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    I'm loving the truck bro great looking raptor grill... How do u like the wheelers 3 leaf AAL?

12. Dec 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    thanks! and at first I wasn't sure about the 3 leaf pack but after putting a few miles on them I like them even though I will be changing them to a new leaf pack some time in the future

13. Dec 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    Styx586

Styx586 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport, 2001 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Cool, yea I don't see a lot of guys running them and I wonder why. It seems like a better option to me than a single AAL while not being as pricey as a full new leaf pack. Plus Icon uses them in their Stage kits so they gotta be pretty decent

14. Dec 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    Get me a deal on a Remote start and i'll give that guy some more business...

15. Dec 18, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    yeah I didn't really do to much research on them before I bought them... so I don't really know the benefits to the 3 leaf pack..

only if I could cut deals!

16. Jan 17, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    bump for a few new pics!

17. Apr 5, 2014 at 5:16 PM
    rob6644

rob6644 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Ottawa
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5
    35% tint on front windows 20% tint on brow Bilstein 5100s set at 1.75 up front TSB in rear Pop and Lock Tailgate handle MBRP dual exhaust is NEXT after the tires of course MY BUILD http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/299378-rob6644s-barcelona-red-sr5-build.html
    where did u get those eyelids in barcelona red

18. Apr 6, 2014 at 6:05 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    I got them from another member on here that had them on his MGM truck but was parting it out and I had a paint shop spray them for me.. There was a member on here that made them but I think he stopped producing them..

19. Apr 14, 2014 at 12:19 AM
    SR5808

SR5808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J10
    Honolulu,Hi
    Vehicle:
    Black Prerunner SR5
    Tint/ weathertech visors/ truxedo tonneau cover/ color matched front emblem and door emblems/ Clazzio Leather seat covers/debaged tail gate/depo black tail lights/color matched front grill/led headlights/ Pioneer Avh-5800/ Alpine Type R Front and Rear speakers/ Alpine Pdr-v75/ JL audio 10tw3/ Mr. Marv Custom sub box/amp rack/ Stealth Custom Series Stealth 6 17x8.5/ 265/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers...
    Dang. Sexy truck bro. Very cleanly put together. In your pics your truck looks higher than a 3 inch lift. Must be the big boy tires. Haha. Where'd u buy those side view mirrors with turn signals? If u don't mind.

20. Apr 14, 2014 at 6:05 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    Thanks man! I got the mirrors from parts geek and then had a local body shop paint them.. As far as the wiring our trucks were plug and play

Products Discussed in

To Top