1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mendo NF in late December

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by DefyInertia, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Dec 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    DefyInertia

DefyInertia [OP] Saratogian

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    '05 DCLB 4x4 SR5#8 (white)
    Toytec Ultimate: ~3" up front via coil overs, LR UCAs, and SB delete; 2+ out back with AAL and new shocks. Leer cap, padded sleeping platform in bed
    Assuming passible, hoping to pass through and likely camp one night in the forest over the December holidays. Likely to enter at Upper Lake, summit Hull Mtn (potentially camping at lower elevation), and head out the northwest side, dropping into Covelo, before heading out to the coast for another night.

Keeping my fingers crossed for very little snow fall and decent temps! I suspect I'll be on the phone with the ranger a few time leading right up to departure.

No real point of this thread other than to see if their is any local knowledge, recent experience. I just installed my ultimate lift ( plus sway bar delete) a week ago and am having some BFG 265/75/16 put on this week so I'm eager to have some fun.

2. Dec 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM
    ffdawson

ffdawson Dirt Head

Member:
    Penngrove
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Rugged Trail 6spd
    Kings, Armor, big taaaarrrs
    have you seen my recent posts in the norcal spotted and BS thread? I was just up there yesterday... Unless they get a ton more snow, it should be very doable, and a ton of fun! Me and another member are planning to cruise up there around the weekend of 21-22 possibly... when were you thinking of going?

3. Dec 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    stroM-

stroM- @alteregoadventure

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    I'm in. Just like Anthony said, we're planning to go up the 21 or 22 so if you'd like to join in feel free. Otherwise let us know and im sure we'd be down!

4. Dec 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    DefyInertia

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Toytec Ultimate: ~3" up front via coil overs, LR UCAs, and SB delete; 2+ out back with AAL and new shocks. Leer cap, padded sleeping platform in bed
    I saw your posts in the NorCal thread but was under the impression you didn't get very high up? How far in did you go? Hull mountain is over 6,500+ and the M1 from there north stays above 5,000 feet for a while....that's the section I'm worried about given that I'm hoping to pass all the way through.

I spoke to the ranger today and they said their is snow starting at 2,500 feet and that FH7 is open, but requires chains. I have high hopes but I'm cautiously optimistic. I've seen snow falling up on hull mountain in late may while it was warm and sunny down by the lake.

21/22nd might work, but based on my friends' schedules was thinking 27/28th and heading out to lost coast 28th, returning to Bay Area 29th. We shall see! If it's nasty up there I may just go south to Clear Creek or something.

ne3amaza_7111711bcfe9db603557beaa5ad2e54ef9fdda95.jpg

5. Dec 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    wow!! anyone hunt deer there?

6. Dec 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    DefyInertia

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Just remember that my youngest 1 year bday party is at my house on the 21st so I'm out for that weekend.

Products Discussed in

To Top