1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen Prerunner Build (Pic Sharing)

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by Mattb114, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Dec 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    Mattb114

Mattb114 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Agua Dulce
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma PreRunner Build
    Suspension/Drivetrain: - Daystar Leveling Kit - KMC XD Hoss 16" Wheels - Falken High Country Tires Lighting: - Digi Diodes 3x3" Led Pods - 3x 7" HID Lights w/ weather pack connectors - Soon to be 40" Roof Mounted LED Bar from TruxTech LED Lighting - Phillips Xtreme vision Halogen bulb replacements - Blinkers relocated to running lights/headlight housings Stereo: - Kenwood Head unit (Single DIN) - JL Audio Speakers (both boors and rear cabin sides) - JL Audio HD 900/5 5 channel amplifier - JL Audio CS110WXv2 Subwoofer - Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Capacitor - Standard 4 awg wiring kit - Two in line AGU Fuseholders - Digital Voltage meter for battery readout Core/Body Mods: - Custom Bumper & Skid Plate by AP Camera Cars - K&N Cold Air Intake - Plasti dipped Emblems and Grille
    Im Doing a prerunner build on my 04 tacoma! Curious about what others have currently in progress. Post pics of your 1st Gen truck to help give me ideas!

Heres some pics of the progress of my build:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some more current pics after HID Installation and Bracing:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should I get A nice 50" or 40" light bar on my roof, or should i save up for one of the camburg Mid travel Kits?...... Im debating on which way to go...

And the most recent pics after the guys at AP Camera Cars helped me mount my skid plate and my PODS from Digi Diodes! They have been busy with all of the Fast and Furious Movies going on Lately especially with all that has happened with Paul... RIP Man.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some Perspectives of the light output with all three 7" HID's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. Dec 18, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    nice truck. Since you have plenty of light so far Id go with a mid travel set up

3. Dec 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    offrdmania

offrdmania Taco Wagon

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Templeton, Ca
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma LX 4 banger
    What are your suspension and fiberglass plans?

4. Dec 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Mattb114

Mattb114 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Agua Dulce
    Vehicle:
    Suspension/Drivetrain: - Daystar Leveling Kit - KMC XD Hoss 16" Wheels - Falken High Country Tires Lighting: - Digi Diodes 3x3" Led Pods - 3x 7" HID Lights w/ weather pack connectors - Soon to be 40" Roof Mounted LED Bar from TruxTech LED Lighting - Phillips Xtreme vision Halogen bulb replacements - Blinkers relocated to running lights/headlight housings Stereo: - Kenwood Head unit (Single DIN) - JL Audio Speakers (both boors and rear cabin sides) - JL Audio HD 900/5 5 channel amplifier - JL Audio CS110WXv2 Subwoofer - Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Capacitor - Standard 4 awg wiring kit - Two in line AGU Fuseholders - Digital Voltage meter for battery readout Core/Body Mods: - Custom Bumper & Skid Plate by AP Camera Cars - K&N Cold Air Intake - Plasti dipped Emblems and Grille
    Yea I was thinking of going with a camburg kit, shocks and all but I'm not sure if I want to stay with the stock track width or go fiberglass or not.... I'm 17 so investments are kin of a big deal haha. But a mid travel kit would be nice! What would be some good ideas in the rear setup in terms of suspension?

5. Dec 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    Cohbsteq

Cohbsteq Hood Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    02 Supercharged 4x4
    Pretty much stock with some crap welded to it.
    are you racing it or just for looks? if you just want a nice mid travel id do some icon coilovers total chaos uppers some dakar rear leafs with some billy 5150s and call it a day, or something along those lines.. of course thats still a spendy set up :D trucks looks sick so far man! keep up the good work! im jelly of your shop.. :drool:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  6. Dec 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    Mattb114

Mattb114 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Agua Dulce
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man! I'm trying to make the truck a little smoother in moderate desert driving, and I'm also trying not to dump a TON of cash into it hahaha because I want to get a 2nd gen with a v6 but as of this moment, I'm trying to find a good cost effective solution to get a somewhat smoother ride when off road. I'm not asking for the best setup in the world because all in all that would be a LT kit lol. Have you had good results with ICON? I've heard that FOX are pretty good too...

7. Dec 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    Cohbsteq

Cohbsteq Hood Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    02 Supercharged 4x4
    haha i cant afford an icon set up just yet ive just read a bunch about it all, maybe try some bilstein 5100s in the front there like 100 each and they give you a slight 3" lift i had them on my old tacoma and they felt great offroad. then do ebicach coils or even leave the stock ones, and ull notice a big difference then you could do 5100 or 5150s in the rear with the stock leafs..

8. Dec 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    Mattb114

Mattb114 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Agua Dulce
    Vehicle:
    Ok that seems a little bit more in my reach in terms of pricing haha. I'll start saving and give them a try. I have a Daystar polyurethane leveling kit on the front right now but I want to get some more shock travel out of the lift, and I also want to get the back end up a little more, for clearance and ride quality. What setup do you have on your tacoma right now?

9. Dec 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    Cohbsteq

Cohbsteq Hood Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    02 Supercharged 4x4
    I have the spacers as well now but you wouldnt use the spacers with the 5100s they go in place of your spacers and should provide the same amount of lift with more travel and they are great shocks! i loved them on my 99 and with some aftermarket coils they should be good for what your saying :)

10. Dec 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    Mattb114

Mattb114 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Agua Dulce
    Vehicle:
    Ok sounds Good! Heres an update on the truck:

I reinforced the mounts that i made for the LED Pods, and my buddy laid down some tig welds on the front face of the HID mounts giving it a cleaner look and filled up the void that existed between the tubing and the HID bracket. After I smoothed the welds out it came out looking really clean! Ill Hopefully drop off the bumper for powdercoating on the 27th and then I'll pick it up after i get back from Havasu around the
    1st or 2nd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  11. Jan 17, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    Mattb114

Mattb114 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Agua Dulce
    Vehicle:
    So recently I have been snooping around on the threads here and have come across others running the icon stage 2 kit on their tacomas. I really like the kit that they sell because it comes with the shocks already valves for the truck and it even comes with a good aal setup. Of ourse I would have to replace the UCAs but I don't know if I should go camburg or total chaos..... I'm pretty set on this kit because it fits the circumstances that I use my truck in but if anyone has any experience with icon/ or their lifts any help would be appreciated!:confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top