1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed line whole truck?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by SGT Taco, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Dec 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    SGT Taco

SGT Taco [OP] It all fun and games till its not.

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Spring Hill TN.
    Vehicle:
    R.I.P. 2007 TRD, Land Rover Disco II, F250.
    Wife rolled it 3x mod...
    Okay all... I am about 90% sure that I am going to truck bed line the whole exterior of my 2001 Land Rover Discovery II...

I'm asking if anyone has had any exsperience with Rapter Liner made by U-Pol more so the tintable version of it or the already colored truck bed liner by Durabak.

Also has anyone on here done this already?

I am kinda torn between,

1) Just using the black Rapter liner because it is proven and will be easier for any touch up or repair later on. But the black will show dust/dirt/mud a lot more and be hotter.

2) Using the tintable Rapter Liner in a darker green/olive color(truck is a dark green) because it would look/blend better on all the non coated surfaces like the door jams or engine compartment or doing a tan because it would be cooler and match the such sounding desert that I live in but after calling all the auto paint suppliers non of them really could tell me for sure they could tint it close to the color with out messing it up due to inexsperience.

3) Using a product called Durabak wich comes already tinted in many colors...

Any and all suggestions will be apreated and tips when it comes to taping off windows and such when it comes time...

I do plan on removing door handles, window trim and all that stuff...

2. Dec 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    na8rboy

na8rboy 18 DCLB Sport Cement

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    18 DCLB SPORT CEMENT
    There's a Jeep builder in Texas that offers brand new Jeeps done up with this, plus full offroad packages. Check out them on ebay. You may see what they have, for your color choices.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Dec 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Go for it.

4. Dec 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    toyotaman29

toyotaman29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrell
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR Prerunner Silver
    LED upgrades, Husky weatherbeaters, Black 16’’ wheels
  5. Dec 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    I work with a guy who did his whole truck with Herculiner. Looks bad-ass! Well... as bad-ass as a S-10 can look:rolleyes:

6. Dec 23, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    WThomas1250

WThomas1250 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I would do the dark green. IMO black bedliner makes the vehicle look too dull.
    But Idk the difference between the two brands. Post pics when you're done!! My friend plans to do this on his Jeep someday.

7. Dec 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    Hawksdenn2

Hawksdenn2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 10' SR5 4x4
    3" ultimate lift kit, diff drop, total chaos uca's, 1.5 aal, 5100 rear shocks, cmc, 2" fender and flare chop, roof rack, 2-10's, kenwood touch screen, antenna-x, wet okole, de-badged, ARE topper, 60" hi-lift, off road base and recovery kit. 315/70/17 nitto trail grapplers, XD addicts 17" BHLM, rear diff breather mod.
    I'm going to do it after I get married, and I get funds together, my fiancé would flip if I got it done before the wedding. But I doing line-x and nothing else, it's the best on the market hands down.

8. Dec 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    trailmaker

trailmaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    northern ca
    Vehicle:
    4wd reg cab
    I had my whole truck Done in green and black Line-x. Dirt is hard to get off of bed liner so if I could do it over I would have gone with a desert tan that hides dirt a bit more.
    IMG_1271_85e02ef907559a19273d681eb6a2b4bdc3eb779b.jpg

9. Dec 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    SGT Taco

SGT Taco [OP] It all fun and games till its not.

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Spring Hill TN.
    Vehicle:
    R.I.P. 2007 TRD, Land Rover Disco II, F250.
    Wife rolled it 3x mod...
    After taking with TomTom, think I'm going to order a tintable Rapter liner kit and pick up the urethane tint to do a dark green or close to the color of the truck and test different color saturations on a test piece of metal and compare it to the truck and pick out what one I like best...

Not going to be for several weeks at the least because I have the engine pulled and just got the block and heads back from the machine shop, just have to get it back in and wait for a semi warm day. Till then I have to get the ome lift, roof rack, bumper, and sliders all ordered/made and installed...

Products Discussed in

To Top