1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mini United Welding Services Toolbox

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Hotdog, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Mar 25, 2007 at 7:38 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog [OP] My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I just came across these tool boxes. http://www.uwsta.com/blue_slim_line.htmlThey seemed like a pretty good fit for me as I want to keep some of the extra things out of the cab but I also want to keep the bed pretty open. It looks like it will extend away from the cab about 11 inches into the bed and 5" below the top of the bed. It is a no drill installation, installed the J-hooks. I called around and I was able to find a black powder coated one for $170 installed.

Does anyone else know of similar toolboxes that will still allow me to slide plywood all the way against the cab?

2. Mar 27, 2007 at 5:42 PM
    TacoMan

TacoMan Active Member

Member:
    I have a UWS. I love it. Mine is the shallow as pictured. I searched and researched over a month before deciding on it. There is one that is twice the depth and would still allow for stuff to fit under it, just not plywood due to its width.There is only one other manufacturer that offers a slimline style for the Taco that I would consider, and they are more expensive. I am pleased with the construction. Everything is square, and all the welds are solid.

Edit: will have to add UWS pic later

3. Mar 27, 2007 at 5:57 PM
    TacoMan

TacoMan Active Member

Member:
  4. Mar 27, 2007 at 6:01 PM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    i have a uws box and love it

5. Mar 29, 2007 at 9:11 AM
    RAPOM

RAPOM Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a UWS and am pretty happy with it. A few days a week I pretty much live out of my truck and the extra storage is great. I would have thought Toyota would have tossed in a few bolts that hook up to the rail system for tool boxes as so many pickup truck owners have them. Anyway, UWS tool box lids are insulated and very strong, I sit on mine alot at races and it hasn't dented yet.

Products Discussed in

To Top