1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Installed--Alignment Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JDR07, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jan 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM
    JDR07

JDR07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRDOR
    Duct Tape
    I finally got my lift installed (Eibachs with Bilsteins set at .85 and 2" AAL in the rear)….It took me forever and i did it in a driveway so yes i froze my ass off but i got it done…took it in to get it aligned and i was wondering what do you guys think of my numbers???….i'm already in the market for some UCA's but id like to know if my truck will be fine taking my normal cross country road trips with these numbers…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jan 3, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    RacecarGuy

RacecarGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB OR
    Pelfreybilt front and rear HC bumper w/swingout, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Diff skid, Pelfreybilt IFS and Trans skid, RCI gas tank skid, Bronze SCS F-5's, Icon RR's ext travel, Dakar leafs, Archive Garage shackle flip
    Caster looks really low. Won't hurt anything but may make the truck feel like its wandering a bit at higher speeds.

3. Jan 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM
    JDR07

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRDOR
    Duct Tape
    do the rear numbers look ok?…the first alignment shop i went to called me back and said they couldn't get the rear aligned…so i picked my truck up and took it to another shop right down the road

4. Jan 3, 2014 at 10:23 PM
    degu2000

degu2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    There should be no adjustments in the rear for these trucks. Nearly all pickups/suvs are this way. As stated above everything looks fine except your caster. Camber and Caster adjustments are made using the same eccentrics and many times aligning them is an either/or situation. E.g. putting camber in will throw caster out, or putting caster in will throw camber out. It is not always possible to get them both within specification. Camber is the more important of the two, since it will cause tire wear, whereas caster may cause the truck to feel like it is 'wandering' as stated above..

5. Jan 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM
    Nick82

Nick82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Richmond ky
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB MGM 4x4 sport tow nav
    ARB winch bumper
    How much lift did you end up with in the front ?

6. Jan 4, 2014 at 7:01 AM
    JDR07

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRDOR
    Duct Tape
    I got around 2 3/8" of lift in the front and 2" in the back...I'm hoping my leaf springs will settle and drop a little...

7. Jan 4, 2014 at 7:06 AM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    Yeah, your caster is horribly low. Everything I've read, the closer to 3*, the better. You'll probably need new UCAs to get there though.

8. Jan 4, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    reece13

reece13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD sport, 6spd, 4wd
    Toytec Coilovers, Total Chaos uca's, Wheelers aal+Bilstein 5160's. 285/70/17's, Method Double Standards. Magnaflow exhaust, GrilleCraft grille, Allpro bumper,diff breather relocate, yellow wire mod, oil catch can, weathertechs.
    I'd go ahead and get new uca's. You can get Light Racing (spc) for just over 400$ That's what i have now. No wondering. Alignment is perfect. Easy to instal. If you offroad alot and got the cash, look in Camburg/Icon stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top