1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prioritizing mods

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by sawdust, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Mar 23, 2008 at 9:52 PM
    jdubh

jdubh Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab V6 4x4
    First thing I did was add a fiberglass tonneau cover $700 (not shown below)

Then I added a Pioneer Avic Z2 Navigation System with iPod, XM and bluetooth. $1800 self installed. Gonna add the rear view camera, also did the unlock mod so wife can watch DVDs while I'm driving and I have access to all the nav functions. I think it has an 80gb hdd built in for photos and music.

Then I added a bug shield and vent visors. $70

Then I added a 28ft 5500lbs fully loaded camper with slide and 3000W generator $17,000.

[​IMG]

My next mod I want is a brush guard and with some powerful offroad lights mounted to it. I'm expecting a baby in Oct so I'll have to add a flip down DVD for the back, fortunately the Avic has rear outputs so kids can be watching a DVD in the back and I can be using the nav/ipod/xm up front at the same time.

I also want to get a cheap, maybe aluminum slanted topper to reduce air resistance when pulling the camper and so i can put bikes, firewood, and possibly a gasoline scooter in the bed.

Eventually a little bit of a lift, not much, just a couple inches.

2. Mar 28, 2008 at 10:03 PM
    TACOROCK

TACOROCK Well-Known Member

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
    Well Hello... I Havent Been Around In A While And For A Moment I Decided To Get Rid Of The Taco... Now Im Back And Ready For More... Here Is What I Did So Learn From My Mistakes And Dont Waste Your Money...

First Off.... I Had To Ensure I Had The Baddest Truck Around.. Its A Guy Thing.... But Furthermore I Wasted Alot Of Cash In The Process

First Thing You Nee To Invest In Is A Radiator Popper!!! Its The Best Thing You Can Have On Your Truck!!!! Honest To God...... You May Be Thinking To Yourself What The F@$k Is That...? Its A Nice Long (the Longest You Can Find) Hitch!!! Yes A Hitch... Its For That Asshole Behind You That Wants To Do A Hit And Run..... Sorry Bud You Aint Going Far With A Hole In Your Radiator... So After He Does A Hit And Plan To Run You Can Follow Him And Beat His Face In For Trying To Run!! A Lil Humor But Its True!! Cover Your Ass And Get A Nice Beefy Grill Guard Not A Cheapy A Nice Thick Solid Bull Bar!! And Make Sure You Ocasionaly Tighten It Up And Have At Least 3" Of Space Between The Bumper And The Bull Bar!!!

1- Personalize It So You Know Nobody Else Has One Like Yours!!!
    2- Get Comfortable... If You Like Loud Music Then Run A System... If You Wanna Talk And Drive Without Being That Asshole Who's Not Paying Attention!!!!!
    3- Upgrade Your Horn!!!! Seriously For The Shit Heads Who Like To Sit At A Green Light... Blow You Damn Horn From Advanced (the Loudest One.. 146db) Its Great!!
    4- Save Up For A Big Purchase All Year And Around... I Dont Know ....nov-dec Timeframe And Start Hinting To Your Girlfriend/wife/family Stuff You Want.. And Then Keep Your Money.. So It Could Be A Double Christmas!!!

3. Apr 13, 2008 at 10:31 AM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB

:amen: Radiator popper (any old hitch extender) is the best investment ever! Ever parallel park and come back to find some asshole bumped you? Well....
    [​IMG]

^ from Cabelas will keep people off your ass on the road and parked on the street.
    [​IMG] <--- This is my favorite from sportmansguide.com

4. Apr 27, 2008 at 10:08 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    You'll get a little deeper roar out of the AFE dry-OEM type over stock. I'm with you on the $. I figure about 9-10 HP gain for $45 to the door is a pretty cheap upgrade.

5. Apr 27, 2008 at 9:32 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    my mods went as follows

tires
    toolbox
    deckplate
    cb
    front skid
    rear bumper
    front bumper
    belly pan
    lift
    sliders

it's all been necessary at some point but not the order i had planned

my order would have gone like this
    tires
    toolbox
    deckplate
    cb
    lift
    skid/belly pan
    sliders
    bumpers

i did it in the order i did because of a combination of having cash and finding good deals at the same time

its taken me almost 3 years to accomplish what i had planned for a year

tires/toolbox/front skid/sliders were the only things i bought new...really only because i had a NEED for those items at the time and there were no used deals to be found on said items

6. Apr 27, 2008 at 10:22 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    1 TRD seat covers and floormats, window tint, and mag locks were on the truck when I drove it home.
    2 Bed mat, front D-rings, 7 to 4 trailer adaptor, spare lock, & touch up paint.
    3 Drop in AFE oil free and removal of the secondary.
    4 Undercover tonneau, Westin Patinum bars within a week of each other.
    5 Pioneer 4 speaker upgrade, shorty antenna.
    6 Cut a piece of carpet for when the rear seats are folded down.
    7 TSB rear springs done, Bilstein 5100's all around, front set on at .85" of lift.
    8 Fumoto oil drain valve on 1st oil change.
    9 Put a hose clamp mod on the tailgate in case tonneau is off sometimes.
    10 fire extingisher mounted.

Flipped the spare for ease of checking for the TPM. Deactivated the seatbelt chime, changed the alarm settings, ect. It never ends.:rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top