1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JOLLEY Lure hook protector

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by WV_Tacoma, Jul 26, 2009.

?

Do you like the Lure Protector

Poll closed Aug 25, 2009.
  1. Like IT

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Don't

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Jul 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM
    WV_Tacoma

WV_Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    I do a lot of white water rafting-fishing for Smallmouth around West Virginia/KY area. Some class V stuff....So it gets a bit rough when running the rapids with full frame and overnight gear. Having the fishing poles out when in a rapid, you run the possiblity of flipping and grabbing a hook or just getting hooked, would not be a good outcome....

So I did what most fishermen would do, get out the old copy of BassPro/Cabelas and see what they have....A nylon wrap with velcro edges....Or a hook clip thing....These could still hook you when pulled on hard..................................Sooooooooo

So I invented the "JOLLEY LURE HOOK PROTECTOR" in my Dads loving memory, who passed not to long ago. He took me fishing all the time when I was young...I know he is smiling/laughing at this now, I love him forever just like the rest of his family...God Bless him and anyone who has had to lose a loved one...I wish you all the best, my friends!!!

*It can be made by "YOU" (under my patent NOT pending, lol) to fit any size lure on any rod/reel combo.
    *It costs around $2.00 at local walmart or fishing store. Some minor tools/brains required.
    *Works to protect lure snags in your TRUCK, BOAT,CAMPER, or HOUSE....... Really anywhere between where you keep the ROD/Hook to where you take the rod/Hook...........

It solves all hooking issues.
    You need sharp knife/razor blade and/or hot iron to melt excessive plastic away to fit your needs.
    Get the size box for your lure/hook size.
    Use one with a quality clip to close and secure your lure/hooks.

• All I wish is you send me any modifcations used to make it better or fit your needs...I would like to see the progress!!!
    • Please keep the name "JOLLEY LURE PROTECTOR" name(dad & I)
    Thanks and Enjoy!
    Greg JOLLEY
    WV_Tacoma
    Huntington, WV

****If you are ever in WV and want a guided river fishing trip or exciting raft down Class V rapids PM me....It is for a good price for TW Members-Free!!!! I love to fish/raft and show new people down our wonderful rivers...We have class I floats no rapids just moving water to Class II-III minor waves you can still fish in while floating down them to Class III-V where we have to be prepaird to flip and swim, all gear tied down and full safety/helmets, specialty safety gear/expertise....This is where the Big ones run.....20" smallmouth.... good day 100 fish in boat small to med, with the occasional 20" Trophy!!!

GJ750@yahoo.com WV Guide Services whe:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:re the price is FREE!

Jolley lure protector 1.jpg
    Jolley lure protector 2.jpg
    Jolley lure protector 3.jpg
    Jolley lure protector 4.jpg
    Jolley lure protector 6.jpg

2. Jul 26, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Thats a good idea espcially when you have alot of the boxes laying around i might have to try this.

3. Jul 26, 2009 at 9:47 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Its a pretty good idea...I hate it when my poles get all inner twined and stuck together in the bed of the truck...Hooks get caught on each other and its a pain in the asshole!!! Good write up

4. Jul 31, 2009 at 12:31 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    [​IMG]

They do have these on the market, but I think you killed the competition on price.

:thumbsup:

5. Jul 31, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Cool idea!

6. Jul 31, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    gonzo6up

gonzo6up Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    tint/ vent visors/ seatbelt chime mod/ DTRL Mod
    great idea and i may have to take you up on the float/ fishing trip if i make it over that way. I love smallmouth fishing.

Products Discussed in

To Top