1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I think I decided on my lift setup. Do I need anything else?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by StealthTaco, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Jan 10, 2014 at 8:40 AM
    Techy

Techy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 trd off road dbl cab
    They say this so idiots don't run ome coils and set their 5100's at a higher setting. At zero setting I have never heard of an issue. Countless people on here run billies with ome coils on here with no issues and love it.

2. Jan 10, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    bw4706

bw4706 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
    Bilstein 6112's , Eibach Coils,Hankook Dyna Pro MT 265/75/16, SPC UCA's, General Spring HD leaf packs, De-Badged, Ranch Bed Cap, Mag Light Seat Mount driver and passenger, Mini Mag Console Mount,Hard wired GPS, LED's in and out, MB TKO Wheels, After market grill, Heated seats, Diff breather relocation mod, LED Under Hood Lighting, LED Bed Lights, Aux. LED Reverse Lights, 30" L.E.D. Light Bar, Redline Tuning Hood Struts & EZ Down Tailgate. 6 Circuit Aux. Fuse Panel W/Circuit Breaker. Front & Rear Facing DVR cameras, High Lift Jack Bed Rail Mount. Clazio Leather Seat Covers. All Pro Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, 4x4 illuminated switch mod, Ignition converted to Push to Start. Bushwacker fender flares, Cali Raised side projector ditch lights. Cali Raised L.E.D. fog lights. 3 x 3 L.E.D. rear spotlights , Anzo headlights and taillights.
    I just had my lift installed a couple weeks ago. I went with the ToyTech Bilsteil 5100's and 885 springs and top plate spacers for the full 3 in. lift. I went with 2 in. AAL's in the rear. I also installed new SPC UCA's and 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler AT W/Kevlar tires. Rides like a dream.

[​IMG]

3. Jan 10, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    looking4vr

looking4vr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OffRoad 6MT
    Bone Stock, for now
    I'm still researching options for my lift as well, so, thank you to the OP for this post...very similar to what I'm looking at myself. For all the information out there on this site it is amazing how vague lots of this information still is. When people talk about being impressed with the ride of their trucks, post-lift, is it better than stock or good for a lifted truck? I'm very surprised how well my truck rides currently in it's stock configuration and my biggest concern is altering that with a lift. Cost is also a concern as my motivation for the lift is purely cosmetic - the truck will rarely see off road duty and when it does it will likely be light. The lift is for a different wheel/tire combo to separate from the truck from the herd as it were....

4. Jan 10, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    bw4706

bw4706 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
    Bilstein 6112's , Eibach Coils,Hankook Dyna Pro MT 265/75/16, SPC UCA's, General Spring HD leaf packs, De-Badged, Ranch Bed Cap, Mag Light Seat Mount driver and passenger, Mini Mag Console Mount,Hard wired GPS, LED's in and out, MB TKO Wheels, After market grill, Heated seats, Diff breather relocation mod, LED Under Hood Lighting, LED Bed Lights, Aux. LED Reverse Lights, 30" L.E.D. Light Bar, Redline Tuning Hood Struts & EZ Down Tailgate. 6 Circuit Aux. Fuse Panel W/Circuit Breaker. Front & Rear Facing DVR cameras, High Lift Jack Bed Rail Mount. Clazio Leather Seat Covers. All Pro Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, 4x4 illuminated switch mod, Ignition converted to Push to Start. Bushwacker fender flares, Cali Raised side projector ditch lights. Cali Raised L.E.D. fog lights. 3 x 3 L.E.D. rear spotlights , Anzo headlights and taillights.
    To be honest. The ride feels like stock. I do notice the bumps a little more on bad roads. But not enough to bother me. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.

5. Jan 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    looking4vr

looking4vr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OffRoad 6MT
    Bone Stock, for now
    Is it the angle of your picture or does your truck have a slight "reverse rake" to it? I like the current rake of the stock setup just want it slightly higher...(yours looks great btw!)

6. Jan 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Both these post....

Been running OME 883#'s on 1st gen Tundra 5100's for awhile now, great ride no issues..

& yeah do not raise the preload (adjust the 5100's up) it'll be like driving a pogo stick...

7. Jan 10, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    la0d0g

la0d0g Its 4 o’clock somewhere

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    running for the hills
    Vehicle:
    For crawling not hauling
    My first setup was 5100s with 884s. They work great together and I loved the ride.

Back in the day:
    [​IMG]

8. Jan 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    bw4706

bw4706 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
    It's probably the angle of the picture. It's level front and back

9. Jan 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    bw4706

bw4706 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
    Here's a different angle.

[​IMG]

10. Jan 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    bw4706

bw4706 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
    Last one was the wrong view. sorry

[​IMG]

11. Jan 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    GATORTACO92

GATORTACO92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hoover, Al
    Vehicle:
    2004 F-350 6.0 King Ranch
    2004 F-350...uh lots of motor work to go fast...er. Way to much to list. 2001: 3" leveling kit, ARB bumper, lightforce 240 blitz, 35" KM2s. SOLD 2008: OME 886s 90000 with dakars, LR UCAs, 5% tint, Satashi. SOLD 2015: Flooded and Gone
    i have full OME and absolutely love it!!! i have 886 coils though and the ride is still pretty good!!! i am getting a arb bumper and winch in the next month or so finally. i got the set up few weeks after i bought the truck. the ride is night and day difference! stock uca's and extended brake lines from the group buy on here, great quality and shipped and arrived very fast.

12. Jan 10, 2014 at 4:26 PM
    cw50must

cw50must Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4x4 TRD offroad
    Icon Stage 2 Setup

Do you remember how much lift the 884s gave you with the DC? are those tires 265s?

13. Jan 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    Techy

Techy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 trd off road dbl cab
    I would venture to say my ride is better than stock. 885 coils, 5100's all around, lr UCA, and wheeler HD progressive aal.

Products Discussed in

To Top