1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yakima Base Rack System

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HolyHandGrenade, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Jan 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM
    HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade [OP] NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garage Most Likely
    Vehicle:
    DCFB (RIP)
    Some Stuff
    EDIT: Never mind. I just ordered the OEM roof rack from Amazon and the Cabelas roof basket. If I don't like the way it mounts, or feel that the cross bars are too weak, I'll just add Yakima bars to the OEM rack.

http://www.autoanything.com/roof-racks/73A4041A0A0.aspx

I know more than one person on here has used this. Are you happy with it? Any damage to the paint from where it mounts? Any problems at all?

I was going to get the OEM roof rack, but am finding that it's weak? I want to put a basket on top of the rack, so I'd like to be able to put a reasonable amount of weight in it.

This us the basket that I want to use I can buy it and the extension with my Cabelas points...

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...cat104253480&destination=/checkout/basket.jsp

I had a thread earlier asking about the OEM rack with a Curt basket. But, as I stated above, I'd like the extra weight capacity of the Yakima system, and I didn't realize Cabelas sold the basket.

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  2. Jun 14, 2015 at 6:57 AM
    MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pork Rind Extraordinaire

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
    How's the basket holding up?

Products Discussed in

To Top