1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My taco got sideswiped by a semi

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ajw1986, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Dec 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    You got sideswiped and your neck and back are toast? By your own admission you strain said parts of your body with your work, right? I have been in several accidents, maybe I missed the gravy, er, money boat as it floated by, whatever....I probably will get a krapstorm of neg on this, but it seems you are out to get some gravy...just sayin'...just from looking at the damage to your truck I can't fathom how you got such serious injuries from the accident....no wonder lawyers chase accident victims, it is their gravy train too....whatever...

2. Dec 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    ajw1986

ajw1986 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pitt Meadows, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    06 Money Pit
    My truck jumped a median on the drivers side as I was skidding. Read the entire post before making assumptions. The semi pushed me over as my driver side skipped up a median and thats where the impact came from. Im not one of those people to provide false claims in hopes of scamming money out of someone.

3. Dec 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    I understand that you have your own right to your own opinion. I just think that there is a lot of variables that you aren't considering. You weren't in the vehicle at the time of the accident. You don't know the road conditions in which the driver was driving in. You don't know the area in which the accident happened. You don't know the driving ability of the driver(OP). You don't know what long term injuries the OP is going to have because of this accident. You should know being in accidents that not everything comes up so quickly after the accident. So unless you're a doctor, I would hardly take what you say as fact. Just because you say your opinion, doesn't mean it's fact, it's just that, an opinion. Also. You're in a different country then what the OP is. Also. In a country with the people not wanting to sue everyone every chance they get.

I understand that this is the internet and everything should be taken with a grain of salt. But let me ask you this. Would you go up to the OP and say this to their face? Or is it just because it's the internet you're being a bit of a jerk and accusing the OP being in an accident to get money out of someone? Just because you have the mindset that everyone is out to sue someone for money, doesn't mean that someone else is going to do the same when an accident occurs. Just because you're bitter about the accident(s) you've been in, doesn't mean you have to crap on someone else's thread because they were in an accident. You couldn't just say something nice and move on. Good job!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  4. Dec 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    ajw1986

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pitt Meadows, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    06 Money Pit
    Well said my man, let's just end the thread here!

5. Jan 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
    ajw1986

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pitt Meadows, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    06 Money Pit
    Got my truck back finally on friday night just as the body shop was closing. They did the repairs and what they thought would make it perfect without taking it for a test drive. Don't get me wrong, i am completely happy with the entire new passenger side of my truck, but they didn't fix it accordingly. The driver side was in the accident as well, they only fixed and re-finished my rims on the passenger side. My truck pulls to the left and feels like it has a warped rotor as well, possibly calipers sticking on and off too. It's going back tomorrow for an inspection yet again. They told me i'd get a "similar vehicle" for my work needs, this is what i had the last 3+ weeks

[​IMG]

This is my truck now, didn't have pictures of the full side when the accident happened but it looks brand new again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even though it still has to go back tomorrow, it was nice having weekend visitation rights with it.. lol

6. Jan 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    Silence9

Silence9 Solve et Coagula

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Damn, the truck held up pretty well. Some of those semi drivers need their jobs reviewed. One time my dad got pushed almost a kilometer sideways because the fucktard didn't notice there was an Altima down by his bumper. Not sure how it didn't flip his car other than the fact he put everything he had into keeping the wheel straight. They drive for a living, you'd think they would know to check before changing lanes. :mad:

7. Jan 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    Have you driven a semi before? The blind spots on a unadulterated are bad enough, can't imagine on a semi. Yes, there are some stupid truck drivers but not all. The whole "if you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you" thing people take for granted. I see countless car drivers camp out in truckers' blind spots on a regular basis.

8. Jan 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    Silence9

Silence9 Solve et Coagula

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes I have, and I've swamped many times too for other drivers. You don't just put your signal on and start turning into the lane right away ESPECIALLY if you aren't 100% sure there is nobody in your way. At least if he put his signal on and gave anyone who might be in the way TIME to get the Hell out of the way, this wouldn't have happened.

Products Discussed in

To Top