1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Curse of Oak Island - History Channel treasure hunt

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by carcharias, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM
    carcharias

carcharias [OP] Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    For those that aren't fans of all the reality tv drama, here comes "The Curse of Oak Island" on History Channel Sunday nights.

This reality show follows the family who bought the island and how they go about trying to unravel the mystery of the oldest and longest treasure hunt in the world. From the company that brings you "Ancient Aliens."

Anyone see the first episode last week? Second episode airs tonight.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

4x4_Angel likes this.
  2. Jan 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Been wanting to watch this, didn't realize it had started already. Going to set the DVR.

3. Jan 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Cool! 3rd episode this coming Sunday. Gonna be awesome - first interview EVER w/ a survivor of the Restall tragedy.

4. Jan 15, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    When I realized what it was last week, instantly did record series. I've looked up so much information on this thing on the internet. It is so interesting to me. I must know what is down there!

5. Jan 15, 2014 at 12:46 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    What do you think is down there, Ronnie?

6. Jan 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    ark of the covenant, of course! Just kidding, but who knows. I do think there is something special down there. Not sure why whoever made it went to the extent of making all the traps, the man made cove etc

I don't think whatever was/is in there has been removed because nobody would stack the logs back once they got what they needed.

I also find it odd how the inscribed stone they found some 90ft down just disappeared.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    InfernoTonka likes this.
  7. Jan 15, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    lol It could be the Ark!! Aside from pirates, all theories have credible evidence. Wait until Peter Amundsen shows up on the island...... Heard of him or his theory?

The cypher stone may not have existed, which is weird. No one ever took a photo of it, nor did a rubbing. It might've been just for help to find investors, if it did exist. Then again, a stone that deep telling how to disengage the booby trap seems highly feasible. Restall might've found that key right before his death.

I'm thinking it's Spanish gold, if anything. They had the means, the time, and looted the hell out of the Incans and such...

8. Jan 15, 2014 at 1:56 PM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    I'm not good on names, but I just looked him up. I've heard theories of shakespears original writings being stored down there. Hopefully it was in something water tight haha

9. Jan 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Mercury!! heheh Peter is a sane nut. Not saying it's Shakespeare's works, which could lead to the Menorah and unleash WW3, but he found something undeniably interesting that has been overlooked for 200 years THROUGH Shakespeare's works. Nolan's Cross is key. If you love mystery then you'll love this. lol You get to see the first two episodes yet?

10. Jan 15, 2014 at 2:08 PM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
  11. Jan 16, 2014 at 6:59 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    All caught up now and i'm hooked, can't wait till the next episode.

12. Jan 16, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    I went there as a kid probably 35 years ago. We were on vaca in Mahone Bay NS and I bugged the shit out of my parents to go to the pirate treasure site and it sucked it was just a hole in the ground to look at. Now the history and engineering involved amazes me.

13. Jan 16, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    ^^:laugh: Just a hole in the ground - yup! So, 10x wasn't even around 35 years ago, and Nolan's Cross wasn't discovered yet. Aw, that was after Dunfield's destruction, though! Did you just walk onto the island then, or were there tours they gave?

14. Jan 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    They gave tours and my parents had to pay

m603holden likes this.
  15. Jan 16, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Cool! Get some pictures??

16. Jan 19, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    I find it amazing how many americans know about this.

Next time im home ill try to make the short drive over to oak island. Ive always wanted to go.

17. Jan 19, 2014 at 9:30 AM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    :) I only found about about it last summer, and, growing up in Boston, am floored I never knew about it earlier. Absolutely fascinating. They have guided tours on Saturdays and Sundays through "Friends of Oak Island." Post pics if you go!

18. Jan 19, 2014 at 11:48 AM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    I wont be back in NS till summer. Gives me lots of time to learn about it and ask questions.

Id love to know whats down there, but then I feel like it would all be over and forgotten about.

19. Jan 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Yeah, I'd love to know, too. At least know who built it and why, you know? It's the mystery more than the treasure, in my mind. Tonight's episode has the first ever interview with the survivor of the Restall tragedy, where he tells his story to Restall's daughter, Lee Lamb. He's never, not even once, spoken about it until this show. Should be good!

20. Jan 19, 2014 at 9:41 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    So i tried to watch it from the link you posted...they have it blocked in canada...theres another mystery in its self haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top