1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cold Weather Work Gloves

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by kris77, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Jan 22, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    kris77

kris77 [OP] Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    Figured I'd ask here.

I'm looking for a pair of good cold weather gloves. But still want something that I can grab a hammer or screwdriver with and be comfortable working in.

Something along the line of these maybe...

http://www.amazon.com/Ironclad-Cond...d=1390397202&sr=8-2&keywords=iron+clad+gloves

Nothing super expensive, i'm not out every day in freezing temps, just weekend work, or general maintenance on the home. Occasional broken pipe, loose siding, ripped shingle, things like that. Then at the same time, i'd like for them to double as a good glove to wear when plowing my driveway with my atv but not necessary. I have ATV gloves that I use for that but they are thick.

Any suggestions?

2. Jan 22, 2014 at 6:41 AM
    ROAD DAWG

ROAD DAWG Well-Known Member

Member:
    birmingham,al
    Vehicle:
    10 trd prerunner
    debadged,procomp 7105 wheels,,kc slimlites,n-fab light bar,predator step bars,baja roof rack and light cage,hella 500 black magic,5100's(f/r) @.85,tsb rear,nitto terra grapplers(265-65-17)
    good luck finding the perfect pair of cold weather work gloves kris77,the pair you selected look pretty good,however this will be an experiment to find to find what works for you,caffeine and nicotine will reduce bloodflow to extermities,also add in any other health factors that may hinder bloodflow...i worked on the great lakes for 12yrs(year round)on a tug and gasoline barge,the "perfect work gloves"varied from guy to guy,some liked "fish gloves"rubber outer,senthetic wool inners...we would have to make numerous connections to the terminal manifolds with 8in hoses with 8 bolts each...no glove was ever perfect considering the fridgid temps...a solution may be battery type warmers built in...let us know what you come up with...stay warm!

3. Jan 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    Gieser

Gieser Official Flatlander

Member:
    MB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 tundra yamaha edition
    scion Head Unit and magnaflow muffler...so far
    usually i wear a pair of thin gloves like those as long as it has thinsulate insulation. When its real cold out i wear a thin pair of thermolite dakota gloves under neath. they are basically thin liners. i use the for work all winter and im usually fine. Today was -30 cel and i kept warm enough all day while still being able to use all the tools in my pouch. maybe im used to the cold, but it works for me. hope this helps

Products Discussed in

To Top