1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie with a 2014 TRD "Supercharged"

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Jeremy4234, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Jan 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Yeah...... Save money for new tires.

2. Jan 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    14TACO4X4

14TACO4X4 Mmmmm... Beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    18 RAM EcoDiesel
    Laramie
    If you don't mind, OP... I'd like to get some MPG info from you once you have driven it for awhile.

3. Jan 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    one of the few I took a pic of........ seems to be pretty close consistently :)

Hopefully once the OP gets "used to" the blower, his MPG will look like this or better if he doesnt do too much to the truck.

[​IMG]

4. Jan 25, 2014 at 10:21 PM
    14TACO4X4

14TACO4X4 Mmmmm... Beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    18 RAM EcoDiesel
    Laramie
    You're getting 19+ with a supercharger? Shit... I got a little better than 16 on my first tank with the stock V6.

5. Jan 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    The supercharger doesnt change mpg itself... The Eaton M90 has a bypass valve that opens during freeway cruising, putting around on the street, idling, and other times when certain parameters are met.

It only uses half a hp to run when its open iirc..
    I can watch my vac/boost gauge and I would say I'm in vacuum most of the time.
    I can do 75mph in 4th (auto) up Cuesta grade in San Luis obispo heading north (maybe google it for an idea of the grade), and I'll be pulling vacuum the whole time.

Dont get me wrong tho..... When I'm passing, goose it from a stop, or just get on the gas more, the boost gauge will peak at 6.5 and the truck will surprise people. Makes passing on highway 41 or 46 out here near paso Robles/atascadero ca much safer. Same for merging on the freeway with or without a load.

Driving in town and offroad is unaffected when driving normally.... The truck behaves like any other 4.0 Tacoma without a blower. Still producing approx 236hp at the crank and just as easy to drive in the rain.

Now when u WANT the power, well u will have 300+ on demand, and if ur rolling into the gas u can keep it at a lower psi, its not like the blower is "all or nothing". Its extremely managable. Besides the whine, if I took u for a ride around the city streets, you would have zero clue that the truck had anything done to it besides maybe a muffler.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  6. Jan 25, 2014 at 11:16 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now

Um what garmin is this.

7. Jan 25, 2014 at 11:31 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Pretty cold in the garage right now sorry.

I've seen some of the most recent models come without the ecochallenge features and require an extra download or purchase I think. This one came with it already tho.
    It does the standard calculations people have been doing for years for you and doesnt connect to the trucks obd in anyway, so it isn't fed off of info from the trucks inaccurate odometer.

All I do is enter the price per gallon, the gallons used (on receipt of gallons purchased), and the mileage is already entered in the gps software, but I double check it to make sure it doesnt seem screwy. Then Garmin software stores the values and spits out the info.

8. Jun 29, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    Livinserene

Livinserene Thejerkyguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    18 sport mt Ovtuned
    OV TUNED MOFOS
    ahhhhh JEALOUS!!!!!Saving for 2014 sc myself,,,gonna be awhile though,,,,cannot wait :D

9. Sep 9, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    snowmanwithahat

snowmanwithahat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2013 Spruce Mica DCSB, TRD OR, V6, Auto
    I've noticed this as well with my 2013. 15,000 miles and the tires are badly weather checked and have cracks following basically every lug in their tread. Is this really that common?

10. Sep 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish

I was referring to the sudden urge to smoke the tires with the new found horsepower..... But yes, the stock tires dry rot before 20k usually. They are crap off road and ur better off getting new meat and not of the bfg KO kind.

11. Dec 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM
    OICU812

OICU812 Well-Known Member

Member:
    **warning 1st post** :D

I have been lurking for 6 months, became a member a few weeks back. I have owned 3 Tacos in past, last one almost ten years ago now. Anyhow I am looking at either a 2014 at rebate or a 2015 soon. Due to my location the TRD SC equipped Tacos are near to none. Does anyone have any (normal) driving in cab quality videos of the SC sound? The power I have a very good idea of and that's not concerning to me, nor the MPG either, mainly whether the sound is on most of the time or (only) on demand when going to WOT or needing torque. I have you tubed more then a few videos, found one only of a guy going around a few blocks, rest are all floor mashed to floor 0-60 types and really would like to know since I have opportunity to bolt on one in showroom. Just looking for a quality audio video of normal driving with the SC on taco, seems hard to find.... If the whine is all the time and is super loud that will likely not jive with me, so just trying to get a solid idea here..Thanks if can help. :D

Shawn

Products Discussed in

To Top