1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ruff Tuff seat covers

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by CowgirlSam1987, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Jan 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    CowgirlSam1987

CowgirlSam1987 [OP] Wassup Buttercup?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Montrose, CO. USA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    I have been going back and forth on seat cover brands for a while. Its between Ruff Tuff and Wet Okole.
    Wet Okole has an amazing reputation in the Tacoma world, so they are a given, but Ruff Tuff is the only brand I have found that has the new Tactical Kryptek Camo design. It looks......amazing. Tried to add a picture of their covers but their website appears to be having some issues right now. (RuffTuff.com if you wanna go take a look) But, I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews on Ruff Tuff. Don't want to fork over hundreds of dollars for a maybe.
    Anyone have any experience with Ruff Tuff? Good, bad? Got any pics you could share? The next Wet Okole group buy is coming down the pike, so it's time to shit or get off the pot I guess.
    Any help would be appreciated!

2. Jan 30, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    CowgirlSam1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Montrose, CO. USA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    [​IMG]

Found one picture on google....

3. Jan 30, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    CowgirlSam1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Montrose, CO. USA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    [​IMG]

.....or this. I have a Pyrite Mica, but with a black and grey interior, so not sure if this would clash or not....
    Thoughts?

4. Jan 30, 2014 at 10:15 AM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
    I don't think it will clash.

I have the wet Okole realtree pattern and love them in the hot Az sun. Really comfortable and easy to clean.

I like the Kryptek pattern , but if they sold sitka or kuiu seat covers I would have bought those- LOL

You can't go wrong with wet Okole. Plus you can get a matching center console cover!

Either way post up what you buy!

Az

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  5. Jan 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    2012tacolover

2012tacolover Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Norm
    CA/AL
    Vehicle:
    White PreRunner TRD Sport DCSB
    Tinted Windows, Black Nerf Bars, LED Dome & Map Lights, Snugtop Xtra-Vision, WeatherTech Digitalfit front and rear, trimmed Front Mud Flaps, BFG A/T KO's, Matt123 White Skid, Devil Horn Emblem Wet Okole front and rear seat covers! Future Stuff: Lift and new Wheels! :)
    They look interesting, however I don't know about them so I cannot say anything about them. I been looking at the Wet Okole myself, but a lot of cash to drop if you end up hating them!

6. Jan 30, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    CowgirlSam1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Montrose, CO. USA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    ^^^ Yes!! I would like to catch the group buy if I go with the Okoles, but if I go with the Ruff Tuff's it will be close to $750 :(

7. Jan 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM
    CowgirlSam1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Montrose, CO. USA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    I wonder if someone could convince Wet Okole to buy the rights to do the Krypteks?
    THAT WOULD BE COOL!!!!

8. Feb 2, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    lovetofish

lovetofish Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    West End, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 SR5 TRD
    I am having same dilemma...Ruff Tuff versus Wet Okole. I was looking to get camo in center with black side panels. Ruff Tuff's website can do it but Wet Okole's web site does not. I have found a couple pics of Wet Okole's with that set up but they are older so maybe they used to do it. Also was thinking the Denier material from Ruff Tuff might hold up longer than the neoprene from Wet Okole but it's hard not to go with Wet Okole when there is soooo much positive feedback about them. Like you I need to shit or get off the pot so I put my name in on the Wet Okole group buy. Looking for 2 sets one for Tacoma and one for Tundra. Maybe I should try one of each but alot of $$ to end up hating one of them.

9. Feb 3, 2014 at 7:33 AM
    CowgirlSam1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Montrose, CO. USA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    I had the same question on the side panel colors on WetOkoke, and I called and asked them and they said they can do it, but if you are ordering online you basically have to order then solid and then call them and change it over the phone.

10. Feb 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    lovetofish

lovetofish Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    West End, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 SR5 TRD
    If I can do that I will stick with Wet Okole and the group buy. It will be significantly cheaper than the ruff tuff and everyone seems to be happy with them. Thanks!

11. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    lovetofish

lovetofish Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    West End, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 SR5 TRD
    I called Wet Okole today and you are correct.

12. Feb 7, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    CowgirlSam1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Montrose, CO. USA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Anyone have experience with the comfort factor of the 'canvas' type seat covers like Ruff Tuff? Like if I'm wearing shorts, are they gonna chaffe the hell outta the back of my knees?

13. Feb 7, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    Papa K

Papa K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 4 cyl
    Haven't heard about Ruff-n-tuff till now and will check them out. I have been looking at GTCovers. They have canvas, neoprene, leather..etc. They are also located in Co. A co-worker had them installed and they look great FWIW:)

Products Discussed in

To Top