1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

0-3.5 lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by theyotathatis, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jul 31, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    theyotathatis

theyotathatis [OP] Member

Member:
    4 wheel parts (AZ) quoted me $1131.24 for the Fab-Tech basic coilover system that includes AAL w/ installation and alignment. This is my first time doing this but I'm finding the option almost endless. My other idea is to have my stock leaf springs resprung (they would add a leaf) this would cost $350 + tax. Then add either std shocks or coilovers (inexpensive) and be done with it. Besides the re-spring can a non-tech guy like me install std shocks or coilovers? Also, with these items installed should I install air-bags for towing. If I installed the shocks myself I could actually buy upgraded shocks. Then all I have to do is an alignment (by others). Help!

2. Jul 31, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    ok, your talking about the basic coil over system for 1st gen tacoma, right? if you really have never worked on a truck before or messed w/ the suspension then i would not recomend you doing this job yourself. for such a simple and not top quality lift...$1130 seems a little high even w/ install and alignment. search around and see what you can buy on the internet and then take the parts to shops and see what price they will install it for you

check these other products out

Products Discussed in

To Top