1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

U-Guard Avion running board

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GreatCanadian, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Feb 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM
    GreatCanadian

GreatCanadian [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4X4 V6
    Hi all,
    I know there's threads all over the place on running boards, but I can't find the information on this one in particular. Does anyone have the U-Guard Avion 6" running board installed on their Tacoma.

http://www.partsengine.ca/product/U-Guard-Avion-6-Aluminum-Running-Boards

I would like to see a picture if possible. My purpose would be for my 6-year old daughter to step up into my truck. I've seen running boards that are jammed up against the rocker panel, and really don't provide much use as a step. I did have another thread discussing Nerf bars and side steps, but that's pretty dead now. I will be buying this one if a picture shows that it's suitable. I would like to know if there's any gap between the running board and the truck body. The pictures on the website show 2 vehicles. The board looks perfect on the RAM for my purposes, but I don't know what the other vehicle is, but it's up against the rocker panel. I don't want that. If anyone has this particular running board I could certainly appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

GC

2. Feb 6, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    jmg256

jmg256 Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
  3. Feb 6, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    Tuctaco

Tuctaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD OR 4x4
    Katzkins, Redline hood struts, Pop & Lock,285/75/16 Toyo Open County ATll, 16X8 Konig Countersteer, Icon extended coilovers, Icon rear shocks, Icon progressive leaf pack, LR UCA's, extended brake lines,
    ^^^You are a trouble maker aren't you. lol

Products Discussed in

To Top