1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Light bar behind Satoshi

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by degu2000, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Feb 7, 2014 at 9:30 AM
    degu2000

degu2000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am looking for your input on this. I am currently in the process of making my own Satoshi grill. Once it warms up a little more outside I will put it on but want some lights to go with it. I am looking to use the lights behind it for more of a driving light than an off-road light, as I live in a rural area that has a very high deer population. (hit 2 deer, totaled 1 car already off deer and I'm only 21). I have looked a little bit and seem to have found for higher light output that light bars are probably the way to go?

I'm specifically looking at this light bar.. If anyone has pictures of this light bar down a long road I would appreciate it. I searched for this some but didn't find what I was looking for and did not want to spend hours looking through the 50+ page LED light bar thread.
    http://www.okledlightbars.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3669919

Also, for those of you with Satoshi grills.. Is there a noticeable light difference based upon which mesh that you use? I want to use a little thicker mesh as I don't particularly like being able to see the radiator behind it, but am worried that this will affect my light output.

Also. I see that BAMF makes a mount for these.. Is this the only/easiest way to mount them behind the grill? Or is there another way.. Just exploring options at this point; I am not set particularly on one thing yet.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. Feb 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM
    MIAtaco

MIAtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma base lifted
    2.75" front lift 2.5" rear, pro comp es3000 rear shocks w/ orange shock boots, custom exhaust, k&n cold air intake, 20" led light bar behind grill, aftermarket grill, T-rex3 eyelids, pioneer HD radio
    i have an ebay grill with a 20" behind it and theres still plenty of light and its a pretty thick grill so pretty much any mesh you pick should be fine

100_1197.jpg
    100_1198.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Feb 7, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    TacoRob08

TacoRob08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Fredericton, NB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    17 Sport DCLB
    AFE high tuck exhaust, OVTuned base 91
    From the sounds of your deer issue maybe you should look into and ARB front bumper or something equal to it. Then mount the lights to it.

Products Discussed in

To Top