1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen Tacoma 17" rims

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by XCoolHandLukex, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Feb 11, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    XCoolHandLukex

XCoolHandLukex [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2001 V6 4x4
    Hey everyone longtime lurker first time poster. I have a 2001 4x4 V6 extracab and I want to put some 17' rims on it. Reason for 17's is my Landcruiser runs that size and I already have 4 sets of tires to fit it 31s, 33s,35s,37s. I'm running into problems with rims hitting the calipers. I've scrolled threw a lot of posts and got some ideas. I have a chance to buy a set of these http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Yuma-908B-17x8-with-6-on-5-5-Bolt-Pattern-Matte-Black.aspx?t_c=11&t_s=210&t_pt=101016&t_pn=BRW908B786045

for a really good price. I emailed the dealer and got this response back

"The bolt pattern is correct but due to the fact that this wheel has a push through steel cap the center cap won’t fit. The pilot flange on the hub of the truck is almost the same inside diameter of the cap."

I have seen pics on here of them on 2nd gens and they fit fine. Does anyone know if they will fir a first gen ? I really want to try these because they are fairly cheap and in stock local for me. If they don't fit what are some cheap options for aluminum 17"s ? The truck is mostly used for hauling and hunting so I don't want to spend a fortune on wheels for it if possible.

2. Feb 13, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    in my experience, if it fits a 2nd gen it fits a 1st gen. the inverse is usually where issues in fitment are found. 17" of any kind should have no problems fitting as the 1st gens came with as little as 15"wheels from the factory.

3. Feb 13, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Destroyer Gray
    Find out what the centerbore of the wheel is. Your 1st gen has a 106mm hub size.

Products Discussed in

To Top