1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer Pioneer AVIC-F700BT and iPod Connector

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Horizon, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Jun 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    Octane151

Octane151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD DC LB Silver
    Bilstein 5100 3" lift, Viper SmartStart, Pioneer AVIC-Z140, XM, Licence plate cam, PAC steering wheel control, ID XS65's, ID CTX65's, IDQ10 D4v3, Alpine PDX-4.100, Alpine PDX-1.600, Custom amp board and sub box, 3M Tint, step bars, BHLM Projector coversion w/ 5Ks, Redline hood struts, Weathertech Digital floor mats, hardshell bed cover
    No problem... I'm just as frustrated as you because I wanna see yours work... mine works fine and yours is giving you problems. Maybe try the program button again, holding it longer... and if that works, try holding the steering wheels controls a little longer than one second after the light goes off before releasing. ??? Something's gotta work. Last resort, call PAC... have them send you another one saying yours is faulty.

2. Jun 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM
    Felixatvtc

Felixatvtc Member

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 4cyl 5spd
    soon to come...

As i had suspected, all my electrical wo's go back to a ground issue:rolleyes:.

My blue crimp/splice/wire-add/whatever that thing is called in your photo. I had used one of those as well. a problem that i have run into in the past, it did NOT actually puncture the insulation on the pin 6 wire. therefor no ground was caused. Therefor, not letting the steering wheel "talk" with the PAC unit.

The light on the PAC unit itself WILL in fact turn on when there is NOT a ground elsewhere (pin 6), because the unit itself has it's own ground.

Once i had established that ground. it was a piece of cake, took me 10 minutes to set up. Now i've just got to move over my hazard lights while my Aux Jack appoxy sets. I could be rocking and rolling before sundown.:D

Thanks again for all of your help. Perhaps all of my stupid questions will come in handy for someone in the future using the search.:cool:

3. Jun 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM
    Octane151

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD DC LB Silver
    Bilstein 5100 3" lift, Viper SmartStart, Pioneer AVIC-Z140, XM, Licence plate cam, PAC steering wheel control, ID XS65's, ID CTX65's, IDQ10 D4v3, Alpine PDX-4.100, Alpine PDX-1.600, Custom amp board and sub box, 3M Tint, step bars, BHLM Projector coversion w/ 5Ks, Redline hood struts, Weathertech Digital floor mats, hardshell bed cover
    Of course!! I, for some reason, was originally thinking of your ground for actual power to the unit and not the ground for the control functions. Good catch! I squeeze the crap out of those crimp connector plugs so I don't run into problems like what you just had. Congrats though on getting it to work. I'm sure all this troubleshooting will help someone later on.

4. Jun 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    Octane151

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD DC LB Silver
  5. Jun 13, 2009 at 11:54 AM
    Octane151

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD DC LB Silver
    Felix... just wanted to let you know my install post is up... check it out!
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/40900-09-double-cab-complete-audio-makeover.html

6. Jul 22, 2009 at 7:52 AM
    Horizon

Horizon [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver Tacoma
    Ok I finally got the head unit, the connector, steering wheel controller and I am now waiting on the metra kit. Anyone in the NJ area want to show me how to install this!!! I have a bunch of pictures printed out but I am a noob with stereo installs, I fix computers for a living....maybe we can do some sort of trade off? If I have all the items how much would a installer charge?

7. Aug 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    Horizon

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver Tacoma
    Alright a buddy of mine helped me install this. I have the Avic-F700bt installed with the GEX-P20HD for HD Radio and the Metra Dash kit. I was amazed at how much went into hooking this up but I am happy with the phase 1 result. So far I have everything hooked up except the rear view camera and the steering wheel controls. We ended up not grounding the parking brake wire correctly but instead I did a software bypass (www.avic411.com) and that is working great! I am really impressed with this unit yet I need to figure out how to make a stealth faceplate to avoid theft. Anyway let me know guys if you want to see pics! I didn't do any of the install but I can show the finished product and my partially messed up Metra kit as we dropped on off the white clips into the dashboard and I am waiting to see if they will send me a new one (factory ones don't fit right)

8. Aug 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM
    Octane151

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD DC LB Silver
    I'd like to see some pics! BTW, how does the HD Radio work for you? Does it drop off digital and back on if you have a bad signal? Just wondering... I've heard some complaints of that happening, but it could be limited to some areas.

9. Aug 4, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    Horizon

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver Tacoma
    The signal does drop out of digital a lot, I was actually going to start looking around for an antenna booster if there is such a thing. I like the HD Radio a lot, the unit works as intended just wish it stayed in digital longer.

I take some pics in the next few days.

10. Aug 4, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Digital works great for me. There are a few stations that drop the digital signal, but the HU I am using will automatically switch to analogue and there isn't a break in the sound, just a change in fidelity.

11. Dec 3, 2009 at 12:08 PM
    Horizon

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver Tacoma
    Ok after a few months with this I really want to know how to get HD Radio signal boosted...can I just upgrade my antenna or is there some sort of booster to put in-line? Anyone able to give me a tip? Sorry I never posted pics, I was lazy. I am alittle bummed about how certain things behave on the unit but that's all software related.

12. Jan 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    FORCON8654

FORCON8654 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    K-Man
    Wrightsville Beach, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma W/SC
    NAV/DVD, S/C,
    Excellent, thanks for all the help. I was getting pissed until i saw all of the links

Products Discussed in

To Top